Chapter eight

Convention

Regret. Regret is one of those things you feel when you do something you feel guilty about. Like that time you tried to help your parents with something and royalty screwed it up, or when you don't think and say something you didn't mean. Or in my case when you're getting screwed over by your overprotective dad for sneaking out of the castle in front of your caretaker and your boyfriend. So In short, do I regret what I did? Yes and no. I feel bad that I made him worry but I don't feel bad for gaining my freedom.

"You insolent child! Do you have any idea how worried I was when Lilith told me you were nowhere to be found!" Father bellowed, gesturing to a shaken Lilith as he paced back and forth in-front of me. I stood there with my head hung low and my arms frozen to my sides in shame. "You know there's a reason you're not let out of the palace and what you did was unacceptable!" He turns away from me with a swish of his cloak. "I-I'm sorry father I just..."

"Silence!" He barked, cutting me off as he turned his silvery gaze on me, making me jump back in fear. Which I think he noticed as with a sigh he sits on his throne pinching the bridge of his mask in frustration "what am I going to do with you?" He groaned in defeat leaving us in a deep silence. "Father? May I please explain?" I hesitate as I bring up my head to look at my father. With a simple hand gesture he motions for me to speak, looking to my right I see Hunter in his uniform standing there like a soldier. He gives me a small nod of encouragement as I take a deep breath.

"Father, I know the reasons you keep me here and I truly do love my life, but that doesn't mean I don't want more. I'm,lonely father. Hunter is always busy since he became the golden guard, Lilith is coven head so she has responsibilities as well as you. You used to care about me when I was younger you would even teach me magic but ever since I turned thirteen you threw me to my teachers. You're always busy nowadays so much so that I want to see what the isles have to offer. so if this is a ploy to get me to be sorry for disobeying the rules then it won't work. For I am way too stubborn to give up what I want. Good day!" Looking at Lilith's shocked face I ran out of the throne room.

As I continue swiftly down the halls of the castle I see coven members looking at me with pity in their eyes, but I continue. Making it to my room I sit on my bed and grab a small pillow hugging it to my chest. Suddenly I felt something wet fall to my hand. "I didn't even realize I was crying..." I whisper, wiping the remaining tears from my cheeks. *dong* *dong* *dong* I hear, looking up I see that I am no longer in the confines of my bedroom but again in the strange crystal like cave from before. "Hello?" I squeak looking along the long cavern. Getting up from my seated position I grasped the wall expecting it to be like Ice, but it felt more like cool glass. "Is anyone there?" I ask when abruptly the dimly lit cavern lights up a delicut (f/c) hue revealing a small pathway leading somewhere. "Umm am I supposed to go that way?" I ask but there's no response.

Hesitantly I move toward the (f/c) path I'm suddenly stopped when an abundance of smoke floods the room making me cough. "Hay what is this?!" I shout before the smoke disperses revealing a small white fox that seemed to be glowing. Its fur shimmered and moved as if it were under water, its eyes a deep blue that seemed to stare deep into my soul. "Hello there?" I slowly kneel to the creature. "Am I supposed to follow you?" I reach out but just as I'm about to pet its head it suddenly springs up bounding towards the tunnel. "Wait! Come back!" I shout running after it making my way through the tunnel and I'm suddenly brought back to reality. Sitting up I look around my room and I see everything just as it was before I left. I slowly got up making my way over to the window, I placed my hands on the cool glass that reminds me of the cool cave walls as I look up at the stars. Twinkling as they always do, I feel as if they're trying to speak to me. I'm about to open my window when suddenly there's a knock at the door.