Chapter two

Chapter two
Injuries and idiots
2 years b.l

(y/n) POV
Age 14

Five years have passed since the night I met Hunter.. Even though I'm not supposed to, I visit him every night. Some nights he's injured more than others, which I don't understand as I watch him train. I see him do incredible magic, and sometimes he teaches me as well as simple self defense tactics. We enjoy each other's company. He's become my best friend. Around others, he seems stoic and cocky, but I know it's all just an act. Because every night when I see him, he acts like a small puppy. And most nights we stay up talking and teasing each other, but lately he's been sleeping a lot sooner in preparation for my debut.

Oh yeah, that's happening. My father is introducing me to the Coven. He's not ready to show me to the world quite yet, but he thinks it's time for me to expand. There I will choose a guard to protect me. I already know who I'm gonna choose but even so, Hunter insists on training twice as hard. He's been working himself to the bone for this tournament. It's adorable the way he tries to wait for me, but I always tell him he needs his rest. Even so, he refuses. Because it's the only time we can see each other. In any case, the ceremony is the day after tomorrow, and I hope all goes well.

I watch eagerly as Hunter trains in the training room. His focus lasered in on the enchanted soldiers as he gets into a fighting stance, waiting to see who would strike first. Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, the battle begins.Hunter moves swiftly, dodging attacks, and using the skills he's built up over the years. After a few moments, the battle becomes nothing but speed and light, so much so that I lose track of what's happening before he pushes off his enemies and sends them back. All of them topple to the floor except one. He looks up to me before attempting a spell I've never seen before. He does an amazing backflip in the air before trying to stab the enchanted soldier from behind, but he was too slow. The enchanted soldier grazed Hunter's abdomen causing him to fall to the ground in pain.

The enchanted soldier then raised its spear ready to stab Hunter from behind. Dropping from my hiding place,I cast a plant spell restraining the guard from causing anymore damage before running over to Hunter. Kneeling down beside him my (h/l) falls in my face as I grasp Hunter's right arm,  firmly trying to bring him to his feet. As I begin to lift him off the ground he groans in pain as he clutches his right side with his left arm. "(y/n) what are you doing down here? You could get caught!" he hissed as I set him down on one of the nearby benches. "I don't care if I get caught! You're hurt, that's my number one priority right now, Hunt!" Shaking my head, I quickly grab his staff that's still laying on the ground before returning. Tapping the bulb three times a bright light shines before giving me the healing balm I make. The staff then spits out a bandage as well. 

Unscrewing the top of the small jar, I dip the tips of my fingers into the creamy, greenish-yellow substance. Placing the jar on the bench, I move his hand from the wound gently pushing his shirt out of the way. "This is gonna sting you,dingus." I inform before I slowly rub on the minty balm causing him to yelp back in pain as he grasps my hand tightly. "OW!  Oh wow that hurts!" he grasps my hand even tighter as he hisses out in pain.

"I told you I was gonna sting! Consider this your punishment for being so reckless.'' I sigh  as he grabs my hand tighter than before. Taking my hand from his grasp I grab the bandage that had been resting on my leg and wrap it around his abdomen,tying it tight before placing my hand over the wound. Drawing a small light green circle the patch of skin glows lightly, slowly healing the wound underneath. Sighing out in relief I then grab the balm and place it back inside the staff.