Chapter nine

Hooty's Moving Hassle

Belos POV

The air turned cold all around me as eyes followed my every move around the room. The only sound being the turning of the pages of my journal as I reviewed the things from my past and the slight hum of the collector. "What is it that you want?" I asked, keeping my gaze glued to the book. "Oh I don't know what you mean?..." sighed out a childish voice making me roll my eyes. "You've been observing me for over an hour. Don't you have anything better to do?" I ask with a spiteful tone but the creature merely laughs.

"Oh come on Belos! I'm trapped in a mirror realm! All I can do is watch, and I'll keep watching until I'm free." They say with a humph of a child making me sigh as I bring my hand up to massage my temple. "You know this could all be so much easier if you just use your daughter to release me now..." Immediately I turned to see his reflection in the reflective surface of the disk. "No. I'm not letting you go until I know that this information you've given me will work." I say when suddenly there's a knock on the door.

"Now, collector. I expect you to behave yourself." I say and with a humph the collector leaves as I sigh in relief. "Come in!" I yell turning back to my book as I hear the door slowly open. "Your majesty, I have brought your daughter like you requested." The scout says stiffly as I turn around to face the entryway. "Wonderful, please send her in for I have much to discuss with her." The scout nods and gives me a bow in respect as they leave to retrieve the child.

(Y/n) POV

The morning started off wonderfully. After last night's escapade Lilith and I went in a search for Hunter only to find he had just barely gotten the drinks we had asked for hours ago. He was embarrassed and got a lot of teasing from Lilith out of it but we all had a good laugh. By the time we made it back home it was late... to say the least. So Lilith left for her room and Hunter and I headed to his room. "Are you sure you don't want to go back to your room? The full moon is coming." Hunter asked, making me grone at the reminder.

"Ughh! Moon shmoon! Don't remind me!" I sigh dramatically flopping into Hunter. "I'm sorry starlight but it's true." He sighs, bringing me back to my feet. "Well then that just gives me all the more reason to spend the night with you." I smile smugly as he rolls his eyes. "Fine, come on, it's late." He smiles dragging me along the long corridor to his room making me laugh in triumph. A large oak door makes its way into our view and before we know it we're right in front of it. Hunter turns rummaging through his pocket to pull out his key before swiftly opening the door.

"Our humble abode Malady." He bows dramatically, making me laugh. Waking into the small room everything is just the same from all those years ago. "Here you are." He says handing me a pair of night clothes from the top drawer that slowly but surely filled with my things. "Thank you very much sir." I say making my way to the bathroom. Getting changed into the (f/c) night gown I grab my hair brush from off the counter and head my way back out. Now seeing Hunter also changed into his sleepwear, he makes his way over to me as he gently takes the brush from my hands.

"Please allow me." He gently gestured for me to sit on his bed. Taking the offer I sit as he begins to run the brush through my hair. The feeling was nice making me hum in delight making my magic accidentally activate. The room became a dreamy (f/c) but neither of us seemed to care. Slowly the brushing came to a stop as we both got into bed, my head resting on his chest as we looked at each other. Slowly our eyes began to drift until we were both in a deep sleep.

***

Waking up the next morning was wonderful. Hunter and I were still cuddled together and refused to let me out for about ten minutes. Which was annoying but also very cute. Today Hunter didn't have any big missions until later tonight so he got to spend the morning with me. Which was a nice change of pace considering he's been gone all the time. The day mostly consisted of walking together down the castle corridors and me having lessons with the coven heads. You might be wondering why I'm learning multiple subjects if my dear father hates wild magic. Well as far as I can tell he's waiting for something.