Chapter four

The princess's guard

After those words were spoken an arina is suddenly constructed by the witches from the construction coven. Its paved sand stone with large circular platforms on each side. A magic score bored then sparse right underneath the balcony where Belose and (y/n) sit each awaiting the battle. "The ring is set!  To win you must defeat all the other opponents. May the best man win.

Without hesitation the group of soldiers then attacked. Immediately hunter couldnt worry about the thoughts running through his head as his body took over out of instinct, as if on auto pilot he began to take out his enemies one by one. with the several tricks he had up his sleeve that he had learned and acquired over years of work. It seemed like a piece of cake to him. The crowd oohed and ahhed at the sight of his skills impressing Belos as (y/n) just smiled at his progress. But the fight continued on.

Hunter saw two men step into the clearing. They were too close for him to use his staff so he summoned a ball of fire in his right hand and charged forward and threw it like a javelin. It struck one in the shoulder causing him to fall unconscious hitting the ground at the other's feet. The other then backed up and began chanting their own spell. But before anything could be done Hunter had bound them in vines. He then beheaded the final competitor, knocking them out before quickly surveying the field of unconscious body's.

He gaped in amazement at his own victory before looking up to see (y/n) smiling at him proudly. Finally relaxing he leisurely walked up to the both of them and kicked both of their staff's away. The crowd cheering  in celebration at Hunter's accomplishment. He looks up to see a smiling Darius who gives him a nod of approval before gesturing for him to get on the moving platform. Doing so he jumped on making his way up before the emperor; taking a knee he kneels as Belos and (y/n) both stand.

"Congratulations young hunter!" he congratulated "no please the pleasure is all mine your majesty" Hunter says humbly with a small head bow, the emperor nods in approval as he then gestures for (y/n) to stand before a kneeling hunter. She gives him a small proud smile as Belos speaks

"Do you, Hunter, promise to protect the princess with your life, keeping her from all harm and anything that threatens her or her well being?"
"I will!"
"Will you keep this pledge and do your duty to the end?"
"I will!"

looking up (y/n) gives him her hand, he gently takes it and brings it to his lips kissing her knuckles softly. "Rise child." Belos declares before drawing a silvery circle in the air. He gestures for him and her to grasp hands and they do. He then grabs their intertwined hands in his. "With this spell Hunters' pledge shall never be broken."

With a light flash the three of them were lifted into the air in an amazing display before being gently lowered to the ground "it is done!" Belos announces. They both look at each other then down at their wrists to see a silver eight pointed star imprinted on their skin. "This mark is now a sign of their bond. And with this mark it is declared that a new era has begun." With that everyone cheered, she grasped his hand in comfort. Both, excited to see what the world had in store for them.