01.02

After the destruction of the helicopter, Director Fury requested another to get to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s base. Victoria entered through the grey metal doors, revealing Agent Coulson on the phone. Fury had decided to "visit an old friend."

"You are at 142 Stetlenti Plaza, third floor. We have an S22 exactly eight miles out. Put the woman on the phone before I blow the block even before you make it to the lobby." Coulson spoke into the black phone. "Natasha, Barton's been compromised." Remembering hours ago when Loki brainwashed Clint with his spear. Looking at Coulson, she sees him waiting. "What are you waiting for?" "She put me on hold" Victoria nods.

While Phil was on the phone with Natasha, explaining Barton's whereabouts, she found a file on top of one of the desks titled "Avengers Initiative". Flipping through the file, she saw the names of the people they want to participate. Including Stark, Romanoff, Barton, and hers. "But first we need you to talk to the big guy" Coulson gave his order to Romanoff. "Oh, Devereaux and I got Stark, you get the big guy." Phil smiles through his phone, then hangs up. "Shall we take a trip to the Stark Tower Agent Devereaux?" Coulson asks while grabbing a tablet from the desk. "Sure." She replies, closing the Avengers file.

----

Arriving at the Stark Tower, with Agent Coulson beside her, she asked what was dying to come out her mouth. "Phil, what's the Avengers Initiative?" "I see you snooped in the file- JARVIS take us up to Mr. Stark," Entering the elevator taking the two agents all the way to the top floor, "The Avengers Initiative is an idea S.H.I.E.L.D. had for a very long time. Bringing earth's bravest and mightiest heroes to work as a unit." Phil answers the young, curious agent. Staring at the blank metal doors, Victoria thought to herself,

How the hell can I compete with these superheroes?!

Reaching the top floor and the elevator doors opened, the two were greeted by Pepper Potts. Tony looked at the agents with his hands up, "security breach." "Phil, Victoria come in!" Pepper invited their guests. "Phil? Victoria?" Stark says with confusion. Walking into the living space the couple get up and walk to the agents, "Um, their first names are Agent." Starks idiotic comment earning a giggle from Victoria.

"Come on in we're celebrating-" "which is why they shouldn't stay." Stark interrupts Pepper. "We need you to look this over, as soon as possible." Devereaux hands the tablet to Tony, "I don't like being handed things," Stark sassed. "That's alright sweetheart, I love being handed things so let's trade." Pepper smiles. Victoria giving the tablet to Ms. Potts, an exchange for her champagne glass. Soon after the trade, Pepper gives Tony the tablet and takes his glass. "Official conciliation hours are between eight and five every other Thursday." Stark replies, with the sass still in his voice. "This isn't a conciliation-" Phil is cut off by Potts "Is this about the Avengers? Which I know nothing about." Opening up the tablet, Stark walks over to a table to see what S.H.I.E.L.D. wants him to look over. "The Avengers Initiative was a scrap idea, and I didn't want to qualify." "I didn't know that either." Pepper mumbles. "Yeah, apparently I'm self obsessed, don't play well with others." Stark lists off the criticism. "That everyone knew." Victoria replies. Stark glaring at the girl."This isn't about personality profiles anymore." Coulson adds. "Whatever, Ms Potts come here for a sec?" Tony calls Pepper over to the desk he was currently at.

"How does everyone know about this Avengers program but me?" Victoria asks a bit angry and confused. "Stark's father helped create the first superhero, so obviously he would know. And Howard Stark did work for S.H.I.E.L.D, we never brought it because at the time we didn't need the Avengers." "How come I'm on the list for the Avengers, I'm nothing. I don't have the suit and gadgets like Stark and everyone else?" "You're on this list because you are brave and mighty just like the rest of them." Coulson answers the brunette agent's questions. Pepper walked towards the duo asking Coulson if her was going by the airport. Phil offered to drop her off and ordered Devereaux to stay with Stark to catch up on homework. As Ms. Potts and Coulson left, Victoria stepped towards Stark to the seven different screens containing information about the other Avengers.

The screens showed videos of everyone in action, the bold names told who was who. BRUCE BANNER, THOR ODISON, NATASHA ROMANOFF, TONY STARK, STEVEN ROGERS, CLINT BARTON & VICTORIA DEVEREAUX.

"Coulson mentioned that your father helped create the first superhero. Who was it?" Victoria asked Stark. "Right there." Pointing at the screen with the man dressed in a spangly jumpsuit. Stark was reading the file on the tesseract, while Victoria was reading off the screen containing his information. His name was Steven Rogers, born in the 1920s. He was the test subject for "Project: Rebirth" also known as the "Super Soldier Project". Scientists injected his with a special serum. Observing his pictures and record in combat, Victoria couldn't help but think, this guy is really handsome.

.