01.05

When Victoria and Natasha got back from the mission, Victoria didn't want to talk to anyone for reasons. Reason one, she didn't get the mission to herself. Reason two, she felt completely useless beside the super soldier. She felt like he stole the spotlight. And three, there was no one to mess around with. She went through all the rooms the helicarrier had and messed with objects. Until, she went inside Dr. Banner's lab. When she walked in she had her hands behind her back, examining the room. "You're Victoria? Right? I'm not that good with names." Banner stops touching screen, containing information on the tesseract. "Yes sir, and you're Bruce Banner. Genius and mutant." Victoria says whilst jumping up on to one of the counters to sit. "Sure, whatever you want to call the 'other guy'. Not be rude or anything but, what are you doing in here?" Banner asks the agent. "There's no one around to talk to so, I figured, why not get to know you a little more." She smiles. Just as Bruce was about to respond to the girl, SHIELD soldiers were walking down the hallway lined up, surrounding Loki. Just as they passed by Banner's lab he smirked at the two.

---------

The heroes were standing around the large circular table watching the monitors, as Fury and Loki were talking. Victoria found it weird how he surrendered so quick. Loki was talking about Fury being so desperate he had to connect the 'monsters' to fight their battle. The pain-in-the-ass Asgardian mentioned the Hulk being apart of the team.

What if he's just here to get a rise out of all of us.

"He really grows on you doesn't he?" Banner said as the monitors shut off. "Loki is going to drags this out, Thor what's his play?" Rogers asks the, much nicer, Asgardian. "He has an army, not of Asgard, from another world." "An army? From outer space?" Captain asks confused to the max. Banner was explaining how Loki is using Selvig to build a portal to outer space to let his army on Earth. "Wait, Loki let us take him, he's not leading an army to here is he?" Victoria states the obvious. "I don't think we should be worried about Loki, that guy's brain is like a bag full of cats, you can smell crazy on him." Banner insults Loki, while cleaning his glasses. Thor got slightly offended at Banner's comment about his brother. "He is my brother." He finishes. "He killed 80 people in two days." Romanoff informs the God. Thor rethinks what he said moments ago, "He's adopted." "I think its about the mechanics, what do they need the iridium for?" Banner asks.

"Stabilized agent." Stark walks in with Coulson by his side. "Means, the portal won't collapse on itself like how it did at SHIELD. No hard feelings, point break, you have a mean swing." Stark says while walking towards Thor, tapping his arm. "Meaning the portal can open as wide and be open as long as it wants." Victoria jumps in.

Tony places his hand on one of his eyes trying to look at the monitors, "How does Fury even see these things?" Stark says waiting for anyone to reply. "He turns." Agent Hill answers. "The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hand on really easily, the major component he needs is a power source." Tony stops fidgeting with the screens and turns towards the group. "When did you become an expert on Thermonuclear Astrophysics?" Victoria asks picking her head up from the table. "Last night." Stark replies bluntly. "Does Loki need a specific kind of power source?" Captain asks. "He would have to head the cube a hundred twenty million calvin to extract the power." Banner jumps in. "Unless, Solvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum power." Victoria adds. "Well, if he could do that, then he could achieve to infuse every ion fusion to every reactor on the planet." Banner finishes his say.

"Finally! Someone else other than Devereaux that speaks English." Stark walks towards Banner to shake his hand. Tony was complementing Banner on how he is a huge fan of when he turns into the 'other guy' when Fury walked in. Interrupting their chat, "Dr. Banner is only here to locate the cube." "It started with that stick of his, it may be magical but it looks a lot like a HYDRA weapon." Captain states. "I don't know about that, but its powered by the cube. I don't know how he manages to do it, but he turned one of my best men into his personal flying monkeys." Fury finishes. Thor seemed slightly confused towards Fury's reference. "Monkeys fly? I do not understand." Victoria was going to explain what it meant when Rogers lit up, "I do! I understood that reference!" Feeling proud about finally understanding something from that conversation.

--------

Getting up from her seat at the table, Victoria decided to go see what the two geniuses were up to. "Devereaux!" She heard someone yell from behind her, it was Rogers. She tried walking as fast as she could to avoid him, but it was no use. He had caught up with her already. "How did you know all that stuff back there?" Rogers asks while walking behind her. "I'm not all combat, I have brains, and it's common sense." She responded. "I think your beyond good." Rogers stops the girl in the middle of the hallway.

Victoria can see Steve moving closer towards her, she extended her arm out to make Steve step back a few steps, "Let's pretend, there's a line and you can't cross that line. Alright?" She smiled. "I don't think I can." Steve smiled back.

Victoria closed the space between them and their lips were inches away from each other, she can see Steve blushing. Then she walked away, leaving a very red Steve in the hallway.

.