02.14

"Mr. Pierce, I'm Agent Devereaux. I was wondering if you would give me some information on my parents." Victoria stood by the door with her clammy hands behind her back. "Devereaux. Haven't heard that name in decades." Pierce hummed has he turned around in his chair. "Alexander Pierce, pleased to meet the last living Devereaux." He stuck his hand for a shake and Victoria hesitantly shook it.

"Please, sit, I bet we have so much to talk about." "Yes we do." Victoria mumbled. Pierce went on how Gerald Devereaux was one of the most hardworking agents at S.H.I.E.L.D. He went on and on about her father. Stories about his notorious missions and how everyone loved him. Victoria felt somewhat like a downgrade. Her father was basically the A1, S.H.I.E.L.D legend/ god as Pierce described him.

"They don't make agents like your father anymore, he can't be replaced." Pierce finished with a smile. "You didn't mention my mother. At all. Did you know her?" Victoria asked, so bluntly.

Alexander sat up straight in his chair, and removed his glasses. "Tell me, what do you know about her? What have people told you?" "People told me she was just a regular housewife. But I don't know if it's true, that's why I'm asking you." Victoria also sat up in her chair. "Well, whoever told you that, that's pure bullshit." Victoria's eyes widened. "Okay, if that's bullshit, then what's the truth?" Victoria challenged. "Alright, your mother was an agent for HYDRA. She was a former S.H.I.E.L.D agent until she pledged her loyalty to HYDRA. When she married your father she laid low from all the HYDRA business. You seem a little unease."

"It's a lot to take in, the fact that my mother was loyal to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s rivals is intense." Victoria sighed. "Do you know how they died?" Victoria shook her head at Pierce's question. "Put the pieces together, HYDRA sends Diana to kill Gerald, S.H.I.E.L.D sends Gerald to kill Diana." "So they killed each other. Well I think that's enough for today. Thank you Mr. Pierce for your time and stories about my parents. That was a lot to take in." Victoria thanked and got up from seat across from the man.

Victoria turned around and walked towards the door. "Tell me Ms. Devereaux, on a scale 1 to 10, how helpful did you feel during the battle of New York?" Victoria stopped in her tracks, with her hand on the door handle. "6." "Last thing, on a scale from 1 to 10, how loyal to you feel towards S.H.I.E.L.D?" Victoria turned her head and looked at the man sitting behind his desk with a smirk on his face. Victoria, didn't answer the question, she just walked out the room and left the building.

.