01.08

Everyone onboard the helicarrier was quiet. Sad, angry, and shaken up would describe the staff. Victoria sat at the conference table with Stark and Rogers. She leaned back in her chair, with a straight face, refusing to let Nick see her weak. "These were in Phil Coulson's jacket, I guess he never did get you to sign them." Nick tossed a couple of Captain America trading cards, with blood, on the table. Steve stared at the brunette, he had never seen her like this. Typically, she'd act as if she didn't care, she was fearless. When he saw her cry in the hallway, she was broken, he knew Coulson played a huge role.

"We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, the location of the Cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. I lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming." Fury paused and circled around the Avengers, "Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number, though because I was playing something riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people to see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together when we needed them to, and fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea. In heroes." Stark got up from the chair and walked away. Victoria and Steve were the only ones sitting at the table. "Well, it's an old-fashioned notion." Fury ended the walked away.

Victoria sat in her spot, toying with one of her knives. Rogers continued to stare at the girl. She felt his eyes burning the side of her head, "If you're going to continue staring at me, I might just throw this at your eye." She growled. "I'm sorry. You seem really upset." He tried to comfort. "I'm beyond upset, Cap. I want to get back at that bastard, he killed my friend." She spat as she threw the knife at the wall. She walked away from the table, pulled her knife out the wall, and walked down the hall.

She felt a pair of hands grab her shoulders and pin her against the wall. Her instincts were triggered causing her to twist one of the arms and hold a gun at their head. She rolled her eyes,

It's just Rogers.

"You shouldn't to that, Cap." She released him and continued to walk. "Talk to me, I know you're upset, it's better when you let it all out." He stopped her again. Victoria grunted. He pulled her into one of the rooms. "Alright you want me to talk about it, let's talk! It hurts knowing someone close to you is gone. He was a father figure to me. He took me in as if I was his own. It hurts knowing I won't see him again." She began tearing up. "I know it hurts losing someone. But you'll make it through." He smiled. "Can I go now, you're starting annoy me." She rolled her eyes. Victoria saw Steve walk closer towards her. Rogers held the girl closer to to him, their eyes flickered between their eyes and lips. Rogers leaned in and pressed his lips against Victoria's. It was an amazing sensation. She pulled away and looked at him, she felt awkward. She slapped him on his cheek and walked away. Steve yelled out the door, "What was that for?!" Victoria turned back around and yelled, "Either your too beautiful or really annoying, one of those."

.