Whispered Banter

Jimin POV

"Don't be here too long. If you need me just call." Namjoon spoke, with a bit of excitement.

"Oh- I don't have your number actually. Mind if I have yours too Hoseok?" F/N stated asked. I wouldn't mind having her number as well. No big deal though if she doesn't want me on her phone. I'd like to make sure she's safe..

"Oh I must have forgotten. Sorry F/N here I'll type it in." Namjoon chuckled as he held out his hand. The other holding a tan jacket swung slyly over his shoulder.

"Here F/N! I'll put mine in too. You too Jimin?" Hoseok's puppy eyes and smile were back in action pulling me into the conversation. I scanned the situation and stuck out my hand, my eyes still focused on work.

"What- F/N?" I jumped slightly at her actions. She scanned my hands, before staring into my eyes. Hers filled with concern and warmth.

"Just checking!" She replied by taking her phone from Hoseok, passing it on to me. Checking for what?? We typed in our numbers and Namjoon went off to enjoy his free evening. The three of us remained. With the crack of Hoseok's knuckles and neck he stood up, making his way toward the door. I took my chance for her safety.

"Hoseok. Take her home. I'll be here awhile." I demanded, glancing up to her. Hoseok nodded and drew her over with his puppy smile. Wandering her way over to him they waved bye as I sat in dark silence. As the soon to follow giggling and chatting echoed the empty halls. Making me feel all the more alone, though it had always been like that. The silence loudened after they left. I made my way to see above them, staring through a window. It seemed like the two were a couple. Hoseok hopped about with his briefcase swinging before he noticed me and shot a glare. Knowing not why exactly out of all my faults he had glared at me for. The room got darker and darker as I typed alone in the office.

"Mr. Park?"

"AYE JIMIN." Ari yelled, tapping me on the back, holding two cups of coffee. Her gray eyes shielded by nerdy glasses. "Tsk tsk. Here all night?"

"Y-yeah. I suppose." I replied, tidying myself up as more and more staff flooded the doorway. Pulling my black blazer collar, Fixing up the files I had managed to do last night. The long sleepless nights were quite common in my routine. Ari gave me one of her coffees with a warm smile. "Good luck today. You'll need it."

A few hours went by with no sign of F/N. Everyone was here other than her. I was starting to get worried. What if something happened? Then I remembered. I had her cell. Leaving her a message to check up on her. An hour. No response. It's nearly ten. My worries started increasing. I sent another. No response. Why was I even worrying so much? Nonetheless I decided to call her. Making my way to the coffee room as an excuse to get away from Caraline. *bzzt bzzt* my phone chimed as I hoped for an answer. Taking longer made me only worry more. Until she picked up. There was F/N on the screen with the obvious puffy face.

"F/N Hey are you alright? I didn't walk you home last night even though it was late. You didn't show up or say anything. I know Hoseok walked with you but I didn't know for how long and-" I spiraled.

"Yes yes I'm ok. Hoseok took over some of my work so I could get some rest. You're fine. That's not for you to worry about." She replied with a yawn. I chuckled slightly, the tenseness leaving me for some reason. We sat in an awkward silence. I felt kind of bad for waking her now..

"Wait- is that my shirt..?"

"What uhhh.." Her face quickly flushed.

"No wonder I couldn't find it." Teasing, looking away slightly.