17

They woke up from the sound of Louis' phone ringing. He looked at the display. It was Niall trying to face time them. He accepted the call and held the phone in front of them.
"Hello lovers, looking mighty cozy there." Niall grinned.

"Well, that's your fault. It's not exactly easy with fucking handcuffs." Louis snorted.

"Something I'm sure you have previous experience doing. Where are those lovely ponchos?" Niall grinned.

"How...fuck! Harry, google us!" Louis gasped.

Harry grunted and pried one eye open so he could find his phone. He googled them and handed the phone to Louis.
"They took pictures of us before they talked to us. Look, there are articles written about us." Louis said upset and put the phone in front of Harry's face.

"Nothing new." Harry mumbled, unbothered by it all.

"You look cute in matching ponchos." Niall grinned.

"This is your fault. You're a dead man, Horan!" Louis growled.

"Ooooh, I'm so scared." Niall laughed sarcastically.

"Why so upset, Lou? It's just a silly picture." Harry asked.

"It's not the picture, it's the headlines. Bandmates Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson from One Direction look very cozy together, spending Christmas break in each other's company. Friends or more? Are the fans right about Larry Stylinson?" Louis read out loud.

"Again, nothing new." Harry pointed out.

"This doesn't bother you?" Louis questioned.

Harry sat up, clearly irritated.
"No Louis, it doesn't bother me. I don't care if people think that I'm in love with a man. It's just rumors and speculations. I keep my private life to myself. That, right there? That's the media. Why does it bother you so much?"

"Uhm, guys? I'll catch you later." Niall said and hung up.

They didn't even notice, too busy glaring angrily at each other.
"It bothers me because of the consequences it will bring. I will be in a meeting with Simon discussing damage control and how to act around you." Louis said upset.

Harry's mouth fell open.
"Wait, what? You had to do that before?"

Louis sighed and rubbed his face.
"Yes, Harry. Every fucking time."

"Why haven't I been called into a meeting like that?" Harry asked, eyeing Louis in concern. He was a little shocked.

"Because I didn't want you to have to deal with that shit." Louis sighed.

"How many meetings has it been? When?" Harry asked.

"Endless amount of meetings, from the start. Don't worry about it."Louis shrugged.

"Don't worry? You're just telling me this! So what? Simon would have a problem with us being, or I mean, if anyone of us weren't straight?" Harry asked, looking really upset.

"He's a homophobic asshole, Haz. How have you not noticed that?" Louis sighed. He looked defeated.

"I don't know! I mean, I know that he has this idea of our different images, you know boyband or whatever but I didn't think it would be that big of a problem!" Harry replied.

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble, sunshine. You know what? Screw him." Louis snorted.

"Yeah..." Harry replied, not sounding convinced.

"I need to take a dump." Louis said.

"Great." Harry snorted.

As he sat on the edge of the bathtub with headphones in his mind was going crazy. So much new information to process. How could he have missed this? It was almost like Louis had protected him from the ugly truth. Why would he do that?