19

"Mistletoe!" Louis' sisters screamed and pointed at the doorway as soon as they stepped inside the house.

They both looked up. Louis glared at his sisters.
"That's the first time we have had a mistletoe in this house since I was born. I'm the oldest. I would know."

"It's an old tradition in England, Louis. We can't change our traditions? Don't be a party pooper. Kiss." Lottie grinned.

Louis glanced at Harry. Then he sighed and pressed a quick peck against Harry's lips before he pulled away.
"There. Satisfied?"

His lips were tingling and he refused to look at Harry. Maybe if he hadn't told him an hour ago about his sexual orientation and found out about Harry's this would have been less awkward? Probably not. Harry cleared his voice and he was jump scared.
"Can we move away from the doorway?" Harry asked, sounding amused.

"Yeah, of course." Louis mumbled.

He dropped his bag on the floor and they headed into the kitchen. His sisters had smug smiles on display. He pointed his finger at them.
"No more Christmas surprises."

His sisters tried to look innocent. He knew they were up to something. He was right. They hadn't just hung one mistletoe in the house. After their third peck of the evening, Harry leaned in to whisper in his ear.
"I think your sisters are trying to set us up."

"You think?" Louis replied ironically.

Harry laughed softly.
"It's kind of sweet."

"In a slightly creepy way?" Louis suggested.

"Slightly." Harry agreed.

"Wanna mess with them?" Louis smirked.

"What do you have in mind?" Harry wondered.

"Let's just go for it next time, I mean, kiss for real. Just to see their faces." Louis chuckled.

Harry didn't really understand Louis' reasoning but he didn't care. He would finally know how it would be to kiss Louis? His heart was beating stupidly fast.
"Alright, yeah."

"Are you sure? Just for fun to teach them a lesson." Louis said.

What lesson? Harry didn't follow his reasoning at all.
"Sure."

It was time to start with dinner so they walked into the kitchen. Louis' siblings followed them closely behind, giggling. They walked up to the fridge and Fizzy yelled "mistletoe!"

They looked up at the ceiling and there it was. They looked at each other and hesitated. Harry drew in a nervous breath and then he took a step forward and cupped Louis' face. They leaned in at the same time but instead of a peck they opened their mouths to the kiss. Since Harry had his hand cradling Louis' cheek, Louis placed his left hand in Harry's hair and grabbed Harry's hip with his free one.

Their tongues touched. Their eyes were closed. What was hesitant at first quickly changed. All the hair on Harry's neck stood up and his skin formed goosebumps. His head was foggy. They were kissing. Louis' warm mouth and soft lips were meeting his. Their tounges worked together. It was the best kiss he ever had and he didn't want it to end. It didn't seem like Louis had any intention of ending it though. His grip on Harry's hip got stronger.
"What is going on?"

They immediately broke free. Let go of each other like they had been burned.
"Mum! Hi, eh, mistletoe!" Louis stuttered and pointed at the roof with blushed cheeks.

Harry stared at the floor, absolutely mortified. He glanced at Jay. She didn't look happy.
"Well, that's a sweet tradition but that doesn't mean that you should make out like that in front of your siblings. Seriously, Louis?"

"Sorry." Harry mumbled.

"We were just messing with them. Trying to teach them a lesson. They hung mistletoes all over the house just so Harry and I would kiss." Louis complained.

"Great lesson, Louis." Lottie smirked.

"Yeah, well... I don't know what your master plan was exactly. That Harry and I would confess our undying love for each other because of a fucking mistletoe? We're friends, Lottie!" Louis argued upset.

"Louis, don't swear. I think you two should head upstairs until you've calmed down." Jay reprimanded.

Louis stormed out of the room and Harry followed him. As if he had a choice. He was so embarrassed. As soon as they were inside Louis' room he started to jank at the chain to the handcuffs.
"What are you doing?" Louis questioned.

"I want this off! I want to go home. I can't look your family in the eyes after that. What the hell were we thinking? Oh God, I'm so embarrassed." Harry panicked, close to tears.

Louis grabbed his arms.
"Hey, hey, calm down. It's okay. Not the greatest plan I had, but it's fine, Harry. Come here. Breathe."

He pulled him in for a hug and Harry tried to get away but Louis just held him. Harry let out a deep breath and hugged him back.
"Worst idea ever." He muttered.

Louis started to giggle. It turned into a full blown laughter. Harry couldn't help it and started to laugh as well. Louis let go of him and they laughed so much that tears formed in their eyes. Harry was trying to catch his breath.
"I'm sorry." Louis managed to get out.

"I'll survive." Harry replied.