prologue

WEDNESDAY, chapter zero

❝She doesn't seem like a hugger Enid❞

Odette laid in her bed with the nice breeze of the open window gracing her legs as she read her newest book to add to her collection

Odette laid in her bed with the nice breeze of the open window gracing her legs as she read her newest book to add to her collection. The book was light in weight but heavy in words and that's just how she liked it. 

Odette was waiting for Enid to come back from her gossip talk with Yoku so they could talk about moving Odette's book collection for their new roommate who was joining them later that day. Surprisingly Odette was excited for the new girl, she hadn't seen a new face for a while and finally the whispers wouldn't be about her past but the new girls. 

Nevermore seems to do that a lot to students who didn't come here freshman year.

Odette placed down her book and grabbed her new bookmark that Enid had made for her that month ─── she made Odette a new one each month. 

This month it was purple with glitter on the edges and electric sparks used to write her name. She said she wanted to do it since this month last year was when Odette saved their room from having no power by sitting at the lights and using her powers to create electricity for the room. 

Once she placed the book down she looked at the clock on Enid's side of the room and realized she should probably clean before principle Weems comes over with the new girl and their family. 

God, Odette hated when other student's families were over.

It just reminded her more and more of her real family in London ─── or what's left of some of them. 

Her gut dropped at the thought of it, their eyes as they screamed.

She'll never forgive herself. 

Staring down at her sheets she didn't realize Enid had let herself through the door.