innocents

INNOCENTS, chapter twenty two

❝I'm cutting the string❞

Odette dragged her legs through the forest as she looked for Xavier

Odette dragged her legs through the forest as she looked for Xavier. Her legs were hurting and her back was in pain not to mention the fact that her brain was screaming at her to turn around and walk back to school and just tell coach she couldn't find Xavier. 

But she was really close and she could har Xaviers music through the broken windows of the shed. 

When she entered she didn't even bother to knock, she just walked in and pressed pause on his phone but it didn't stop the boy from splattering paint against his canvas, he stayed silent and didn't even look up at her. 

"Xavier" she said, crossing her arms over and he didn't reply "Xavier, Weems wants all the kids who don't have family this weekend to go into the English rooms" she explained and still no answer from the boy as he painted "Xavier!" she yelled and the boy didn't even blink an eye. 

"Why are you making this so difficult" she groaned

This seemed to tick something off as he placed his brush down and turned towards her "me, I'm making things difficult" he said accusingly "yeah, you were just painting when I had to tell you something" she said in anger.

"Oh so you're mad that I ignored you when you tried to speak of me, that reminds me of this morning when you did the exact same thing!" he pointed to her "This is completely different your just angry" she yelled back "yeah and I have a reason to be, the girl I kissed last weekend is ignoring me with no reason whatsoever!" he yelled, stepping forward for Odette to step back.

"There is a reason..."

God Odette hated herself for these next words.

"The kiss was a mistake, I'm trying to stop this now, this" she said, pointing between the two of them "wouldn't work, it would never work" she said and Xavier sighed "so the kiss was a mistake huh?, because I asked you and you were okay with it" he pointed out