finale

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX, finale

" long time coming "

AFTER A VERY TOPSY TURVY CAR RIDE ODETTE CAME TO A STOP. The two teenagers were breathless and Odette almost fell sick "you okay?" she asked quietly and Xavier nodded his head "I'm okay" he responded "you?" he asked "never better" she sarcastically answered but he failed to laugh. 

He was saved, he was out and he was innocent. 

And Odette didn't believe him when he said he was. 

"I'm sorry" she whispered out, sniffing as if she was crying. She probably could. All her efforts were for to help Wednesday get rid of the hide and now that mission was almost over and Odette was realizing she hadn't helped herself in the past few months. 

"It's okay" Xavier mumbled "no" Odette shooshed him "no it's not" she smiled "I didn't hear you out" "you thought your life was in danger" he pointed out "Eli had just died, someone could have said Eugene had done it and I probably would have believed them" she shrugged "I'm sorry" she repeated and Xavier nodded his head. 

"We should probably get out" Xavier trailed off and Odette nodded her head quickly "yep definitely yep" she said quickly as she jumped out of a cop car and opened the back to let him out. 

When he jumped out he staggered a bit, making him close to Odette who didn't move, their bodies close together "uhm" Xavier started but Odette cut him off by bringing him into a hug, an action that she longed for ever since she walked out of the shed. 

Xavier hugged her back of course, he hadn't just longed for this but for her, he tried to be mad at her every hour he was sat in the cell but he couldn't, he always had an excuse of why she did what she did. 

He would always be there for Odette, always. 

There hug was interrupted by the flames of the school being warm enough to catch some of the trees. 

"We need to go" Odette said and Xavier grabbed her hand as he walked quickly back to the school. 

Once they reached the school they found students running out, which should've been a warning but the two kept on going. 

Once they reached the outside area Odette thought a zombie apocalypse had started once she saw who Wednesday was fighting "Wednesday!" Odette yelled out as she zapped an arrow away from which Xavier had shot out to him. 

"Where'd you get that?" Odette asked Xavier "on the way" he said before shooting another one but this one the weird pilgrim one stopped and sent it into Wednesdays shoulder which Odette ran to. 

"Go Odette" Wednesday grunted "not a chance" Odette replied as she ripped the arrow out and used her sparks to 'heal' the wound "still gonna be a scare" Odette mumbled as Xavier caught up to them "Go!" Wednesday yelled and Xavier nodded "C'mon Odette" he grabbed her again and she didn't move "Odette" he sternly said her name and she nodded her head "fine" 

Odette turned to Wednesday "but if I feel another injury I'm running right back" she warned her before shooting a lighting bolt at the pilgrims hand causing him to drop his staff. as they both ran out of the school. 

It wasn't long until Odette felt pain in her chest "It's Wednesday" she coughed as the pain got worse "she'll get out of it" Xavier said with hope "I promised" Odette said whilst she placed her hand on his cheek "Xavier, we've been ripped apart and reunited more times than I can count, one more wont hurt" she promised before leaning up and leaving a small kiss on his lips and slipping away. 

"I'll be back I promise" 

There was some travelling to do as Odette ran back to the school, she crept through the school poles as she watched Wednesday now get the upper hand and kill the pilgrim but it didn't stop her eyes traveling to the yellow boots in front of her who had her gun clocked and a murderous look in her eye. 

"I might not get to kill all the outcasts, but I at least get to kill you Wednesday" she finished as anger grew in Odette, not realizing that her 'wings' had started to grow out of her back as she walked silently behind her.

"no you wont" Odette told her before reaching her hands up to her head and electrocuting her enough to the point where she passed out. 

"I'll take it from here" Wednesday told the girl which she nodded at as she walked over to Bianca.

"Nice wings" the siren complimented her which she furrowed her eye brows at before lifting her hands to feel the feathers that coated the bones of her wings. "I thought-" "Maybe you proved yourself, a self mission maybe?" Bianca questioned "maybe" Odette smiled before they both brought their attention on Wednesday who walked up to an extremely vulnerable Laurel and kicked her in the face. 

"Where's Wednesday?" Enid asked before her yes wondered to Xavier "Where's Odette I thought she's be with you" she stressed before a gasp was heard behind them, causing the whole group to turn around to greet the three teenage girls who which two of them had walked and one of them had flown in, landing softly as she and Bianca shared a smirk at Odette's new talent. 

Enid was the first to start running, then Xavier and then the rest of the school "O" she gasped before giving the girl a bone crushing hug "your wings" she smiled as Odette looked at her "you turned" Odette gasped at the girl who smiled at her "maybe you should've gotten Georgia" Enid laughed before going to hug Wednesday who allowed it.

Odette smiled as Xavier walked to her next "Never leave me like that again please" he whispered "I promised I would come back" Odette smiled before finally putting the boy out of his misery and bringing him down for a proper kiss. 

They both smiled when it ended and leaned their foreheads together "you wont leave anymore?" he asked and she nodded "I promise" she smiled "and I always keep my promises".

THE END. 

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 - xᴀᴠɪᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏʀᴘᴇ 🎉