on the hunt

ON THE HUNT, chapter thirty

❝I didn't feel his death coming❞

"Hey do you know where Odette is?" Xavier asked Enid as she walked out of her hall "I haven't seen her since the uhm since the event" she said "Is she okay I need to talk to her" she added on "well she didn't go to mayor Walkers funeral" Xavier sa...

"Hey do you know where Odette is?" Xavier asked Enid as she walked out of her hall "I haven't seen her since the uhm since the event" she said "Is she okay I need to talk to her" she added on "well she didn't go to mayor Walkers funeral" Xavier said before he saw Georgia walking around the school behind Enid "if I find her I'll tell her to go find you" he said before running over to the short werewolf.

"She's in the library" Georgia said before Xavier could even ask "oh uhm thanks" he said before Georgia turned around 

"she's great Xavier"

"I know"

Georgia nodded "good" she said before walking off. Xavier sped off too to the library. When he entered after the two clicks he walked down the stairs to see Odette searching for a book. "hey" he said almost scaring the girl "hey" she answered back. 

Odette didn't know what to say to the boy, the last time she saw him she was crying in his arms and in his bed, she almost felt embarrassed but the boy alone made a blush arise on her cheeks. 

"What are you looking for?" he asked before walking up to her "I just want to learn more about my powers, they're confusing me" she said before shaking her head "how?"

Odette wasn't sure if she wanted to answer the question. It was okay to say in her head but out loud, she hadn't said it out loud ── she hadn't excepted Eli's death out loud. 

Clearing her throat she turned around to him, he seemed taller than usual, maybe it was because he tied his hair up higher than usual or the new shoes he was wearing.

Or maybe because she felt so small lately. 

"Do you remember the night of the carnival when Rowan died?" she asked and he nodded his head. He remembered it as the night he insulted her and she yelled at him and then she- she had her attack.