Chapter 2 - An Interesting Development

(No One's POV)

As Hakuya and the shadow starred at each other, the shadow swung its sword, releasing a slash of black smoke towards Hakuya, as Hakuya brought up his shield in front of him blocking the attack.

After Hakuya blocked the attack, as the smoke slowly dispersed, the shadow appeared at his side, as he quickly brought up his shield to the side, as the sword hit, he was blasted into the wall, on the opposite side of the room.

Hajime: Hakuya! It sent him with one swing?!

As Hakuya slowly got up coughing, he looked up to see the shadow launch a horizontal slash of dark smoke at him, as he dematerialized his shield and jumped out of the way just barely dodging the attack. 

Hakuya's thought's: What kind of monster strength is that?! It sent me flying!

Hakuya materialized Usumidori and charged the shadow. As the shadow sent another horizontal strike, Hakuya used his increased agility to jump over the attack and attempted to slash at the shadow's neck. Only to be stopped centimeters away, by the shadow's sword. 

As the shadow put more force into the blade lock, slowly pushing Hakuya back, he jumped back gaining some distance. However, just as Hakuya landed, the shadow instantly closed the distance, attempting to strike Hakuya, as he just managed to bring Usumidori in front of him, blocking the attack.

Hakuya's thought's: This thing is far stronger than anything I've seen so far. It's strength is far higher than mine and it's nearly just as fast or even faster than me. The behemoth doesn't even compare to this...

As the blade lock continued, the shadow seemed to have jumped back in caution, Hakuya being confused, noticed that his sword had started glowing a bit.

After inspecting his sword, he noticed how the shadow remained cautious and at a distance. 

Hakuya's thought's: It's cautious...

As Hakuya looked at his sword, there was a flash of light, as images flooded Hakuya's mind. Images of a woman that seemed to be a samurai wielding the same sword that he was, as she appeared to be fighting a giant beast, with movement that looked like teleportation and her launching an attack with her sword glowing.

As the images ended, there was another flash of light, before he found himself facing the shadow at a distance, having a much calmer expression.

Hakuya's thought's: So that's what I need to do.

While the shadow stood at a distance, remaining cautious, Hakuya sheathed Usumidori, closed his eyes and put his left leg back in a stance that looked like he would charge. Seeing this, the shadow took a step forward, preparing to attack. However...

Hakuya: <Usumidori - Tenjin Shukuho>.