Chapter 8 - Brooke and An Annoyance

(Timeskip - 9 days)

(Hakuya's POV)

It's been nine days since we arrived in Verbergen. During that time, I was able to impress Guze, so I was able to use his forge as planned. However, due to Guze's stubbornness, I now have a surplus amount of knives, including the swords that I planned to make. While I have no particular use for them, I have given them to Caster to hopefully turn them into useful mystic codes.

Currently, I'm headed to the Great Tree, with Fou on my shoulder to meet up with Hajime and the others. If you asking why I'm going separately, that's because I was having gramps teach me how to forge, so I told Hajime to go on ahead.

As I came to a clearing, I spotted Hajime, Yue, Shea and the Haulia tribe stood by a stone square. Getting closer, I could see that the Haulia tribe was way more different then the last time I saw them. It seems that Hajime went for the spartan difficulty training.

????: ....

Hakuya's thought's: It is definitely impressive.

Coming closer, Shea seemed to be hugging Yue in tears, as Hajime was speaking.

Hajime: It's a really dangerous trip you know?

Shea: Then, I'm glad to be a monster. That means I can come with you.

Hajime: You might not be able to see your family again.

Shea: I've already talked with them about it.

Hajime: You do know I can't respond to your feelings, right?

Shea: The future's not absolute.

Hajime:...... Is that so... Do what you want.

As Hajime said this, Shea smiled and her tribe looked happy for her, as Yue scoffed. Spotting me, Hajime spoke up.

Hajime: What took you so long?

Hakuya: Hey, learning to forge swords take's a while. Especially, swords as complex as katanas. So, what did I miss?

Hajime: Firstly, it seems that Shea will be coming with us...

Hakuya: Not that surprised. She seems very persistent.

Hajime: And secondly, it seems we have to complete the others labyrinth's and acquire their proofs, before we can enter this one.

Hakuya: So basically, collect the keys to unlock the final floor?

Hajime: That's about right.

Hakuya: So, when do we leave?

(Small Timeskip)

(No One's POV)

After bidding farewell to Verbergen and the Haulia tribe, the group was now on their way. With Hajime, Yue and Shea riding "Steiff" and Hakuya riding along side Hajime, on Hippogriff with Fou on his lap.

Shea: I'm glad I get to ride this vehicle again.

Shea exclaimed, as she stood up excited.

Hajime: I told you not to move too much.

Shea: So where are we going now?

Hajime: Didn't I tell you?

Hearing Hajime, Hakuya let out a slight sigh, as he spoke.

Hakuya: Our objective right now is in Reisen Gorge. However, we're stopping by a nearby village.

Hajime: We plan on stocking up and I also want to eat something, that isn't preserved for once.