102: Lalisa Manoban

TW // harsh language, violence, sexual assault (implicit)

The smell of the first rain had always reminded him about the man from his dream. Jungkook knew he should have forgotten the dream from 6 years ago, but he thought that whoever the man is, even if he wasn't real (which is not), remembering him would be nice knowing he died alone in the corner of a cold alley.

Jungkook didn't actually know if the guy actually died in his dream, but the fact that the stab on the stomach felt so painful and deep kind of confirmed it.

"Ah!" Someone shrieked. Jungkook came back to his senses and realized that he just bumped into a woman and caused her to drop her books. How cliche, he thought. He immediately shook it off and bent down to help her.

"I'm so sorry-"

"No, it's fine." He heard the crack on her voice when she said that. Is she crying? "I'm the one who should apologize, I didn't see you coming. I'm sorry."

Jungkook didn't know what to say, so he kept helping her pick up her books. Her soft voice sounded so familiar, making his mind wonder again.

"Thank you," she said. She didn't wait for his response and instantly rushed on her path.

-

"Father please," Lisa pleaded. "I need to study for the test next week, I don't have time for this."

"Oh c'mon, don't be a bitch for once can you?" The yelling still made her scared. She took a deep breath. "I told you, this man is so famous and rich. He made so much in a year and he even has properties in the states! You should be grateful that he even considered meeting a person like you, you know."

She felt the weight again. She wondered once again why the father couldn't leave her alone.

"Father, I'll talk about this with you next week, how's that sound?" She put on her happiest tone so that the father wouldn't be mad at her.

There was silence before he talked again. "Fine, but I don't want to hear a no. And if you ever try to fool me again we'll find you," He continued with a lighter tone, "I told you, this man will be the man of your life. My friends were so happy when I said he'll marry you, you know?" He laughed. His pride must be on the roof now.

She ended the call. Her anxiety rose again and her heart thumped, filled with fear. She really tried to run away from her family but somehow her father was always able to find her.

She came to South Korea 5 years ago to end the misery, but last year he found her new phone number and started bugging her again almost every day. He kept telling her to get married with the men of his choice, the thing he always did since she turned 20. She was 26 this year, and the frequency of the calls was getting so disturbing with all the threats and insults.

Lisa thought she might be going crazy from this alone. She lived her best life in SoKor with her friends without anyone knowing who she was, and was able to start therapy again. The father didn't approve her to do therapy when she was in Thailand, he said that was a waste of money and only crazy people can go to therapy. But Lisa was crazy indeed back then, she did think she deserves to go to therapy.

She wondered what made her who she is. Is it the trauma? Yes. But some people had it worse yet they became a better person, unlike her. She was so reckless back then, when her father was still alive. Her biological father. Her tall, calm, and friendly father. The person she admires so much.

Her mom and dad taught her kindness and happiness in a fun way. Her family was wealthy and respected in society, as her dad had a company in Switzerland and her mom was a well-known heart surgeon in Thailand.