105: Airport Club pt. 1

Lisa remembered when she met her husband in Seoul exactly 7 months after she escaped. He asked her to meet in a cafe, kind of insisted actually. She couldn't say no because he sounded so desperate. It was on a Sunday afternoon. The sunset light hit her skin and the road beautifully, as if it showed her that she was in love. She never was.

She remembered how his eyes lit when he saw her. He didn't say anything for a while, so did she.

"I'm sorry," she remembered how hoarse his voice was. "I thought you wanted me."

She never thought about him until now.

Until when Jaehyun looked at her, searching for something she never had. There was hope and love in it. The same thing she saw in her ex-husband's eyes 4 years ago.

She looked down. There was a heavy silence between them for a moment before he chuckled. "I know. I'm sorry." he said. "I also never thought I would fall for someone. Especially you."

He was disappointed. Lisa could tell. But she didn't know what to say.

"I never thought I would want to spend my everyday with someone special. I thought I would be so independent and lonely that I'd just have a midnight fling or a crush or something.

But you happened."

"I know you never felt the same about me, Lisa-yah. Don't stress yourself." Jaehyun noticed she scratched her fingers. "I just wanted to spend a little more time with you before I go for real."

"By enrolling your masters to a university you don't want?" She blurted softly. Jaehyun could tell she felt guilty for him.

"That was my choice. Besides, Yonsei was fun."

"But that was wrong... you could have made your father angrier, Hyun-ah."

He smiled. "He could never be 'truly' mad at me. And delaying my US-trip for Yonsei made me enjoy so many things before I inherited the company, you know."

Lisa nodded. She understood how much art mattered for Jaehyun, he loved it as much as she loved her study. Maybe he was right, him taking his chance to Yonsei was equal to him taking some time off before the hectic life took over.

There was more awkward silence before Lisa decided to break it.

"You really meant that?"

"Yeah, why would I lie about such a thing?" Jaehyun stared at the field. People were still practicing. "I just, wanted you to know. You know, in case I died on the plane or something."

She punched his shoulder, "Hey, don't say that." He shielded himself, lightly laughed.

"Sorry. I know you don't have any feelings for me. I really just wanted to confess before I leave, because maybe when I came back you already settled with someone else and I can't say anything to you anymore." He explained.

"I don't know if I would ever have that kind of thing."

"I know. But I want you to have that."

Lisa looked at Jaehyun in disbelief. "What'd you mean?"

"I mean, you deserve it. After all you've been through, you deserve love." He chuckled, his expression was clear; he's in pain. "Even if it's not me, I hope you won't be alone forever."

"And when I leave there will be no one to take care of you haha." He added, nudged her shoulder with his.

Lisa rolled her eyes. She smiled bitterly, him leaving made her sad too.

--

"Do you all have to do this?" Jaehyun protested. Eunwoo and Jungkook exaggeratingly nodded. Mingyu, Eunwoo and Jungkook agreed to take him to the airport together. They all made a schedule for it and arrived at Incheon at 8 PM just to support him. Eventually Jaehyun felt like a teenager going on a vacation for the first time that had to be taken to the airport with his whole family just to make sure he's okay.