107: Big, Bigger, Biggest

She ran her fingers through her dark hair, her nose was red. "Jungkook-ssi? What are you doing here?"

Her bangs were everywhere because of it, but it managed to sit beautifully on her forehead. Jungkook didn't understand why out of everything he chose to look at the most unimportant thing, but she looked so unreal right now.

Especially in a place like this, when she was the last person he would have expected.

"Well, I was asking you the same question first, Lisa-ssi." He smiled jokingly as he walked towards her.

"Yeah," She smiled, hugging her coat tighter. "I was going to meet my father's colleague here, but the house manager said he's not home today. How about you?"

"Your father's colleague?"

"Yeah, he was my father's business associate in the 80's for a while." She answered casually. Her eyes wondered at his face, looking for something. Jungkook looked away as he felt the embarrassment somehow crept over him.

-

He offered them to continue the conversation in the cafe nearby, so here they are. Lisa warmed her hands to the coffee cup they ordered, her eyes flutter when she saw the street outside, looking at the leaves blown away by the wind. Jungkook couldn't help but stare at her, for the 6th time this day.

He cleared his throat, trying to start the conversation over. "So, that house was your father's friend's?"

"Yeah, no, his colleague." She corrected him. "That was a long time ago though, I wasn't even born yet."

"May I know his name?"

"It's Lim Jun-woo. He's the owner of Sanlim Group. I heard they are one of the biggest companies in South Korea. You didn't know?"

"I don't think so." He muttered.

"So, why were you there?"

"Oh," Jungkook chuckled, hesitantly answering. "I'm still figuring it out."

True. He wasn't sure yet about whatever it is that was going on in his head, if it was real or if his mind made that up, and it felt too personal to tell that to someone he just met yesterday. But after she shared personal information herself, that kind of answer of course couldn't be accepted.

But surprisingly Lisa reclined. She looked like she reluctantly took that minimum answer, and didn't ask anymore questions. She was back to looking outside and sipping her coffee, nodded slightly.

Jungkook didn't realize he'd been looking at her with his stunned look for over 3 minutes until she realized it herself. "What is it?" She asked, amused by his silence.

"Uh, no," He finally realized how weird he looked. "Just,... you accepted that kinda answer?"

"Yours? Yeah, why not?"

Jungkook shook his head. Lisa added, "I mean, we all have our own purpose, right? You seem lost and don't want to talk about it, so I'm letting it go."

"Do I look lost?" Jungkook blurted. He immediately regretted it, from that question alone he already looked lost.

"Yeah," Lisa laughed. "Very much. You look very different from last week. I suppose you were trying to search for something? I don't know, but you better not put that face on when you walk alone at night."

Jungkook wanted to disappear from embarrassment. This woman looked so different from the person he met last Friday, whose groggily talk and anxiously fidgeting her fingers. She was so much more relaxed and fun to talk to, easily amused and answered questions with no hesitation. They talked a bit more about jobs and friends before deciding to separate ways. Lisa didn't ask about the matter again, but Jungkook was almost sure she was also wondering about it.