106: Airport Club pt.2

It was raining right after Jaehyun's flight took off. Lisa already told Jennie to not mind her and just go straight home cause her meeting with Jae's friends takes forever. She thought she might take a bus home but the rain was too heavy for her to walk through and she forgot her damn umbrella.

The airport started to have less and less people the more she waited - not that Incheon ever got 'less' people in it. She may have been waiting for the rain to die down for about 45 minutes in the airport cafe when she started to regret her outfit choice today. The sweater was too thin and she should have worn a coat. She missed Leo and she already planned to take a hot shower when she got home.

"Ugh this rain is taking forever." She murmured.

"I know right?"

Jaehyun's friend. Lisa forgot his name but remembered those eyes very well. He sat in front of her, combed his hair with his fingers. He might notice her being confused because he chuckled and reached out his hand. "Jeon Jungkook, I'm Jae's friend?"

"Oh, yeah, I mean, yes. I'm Lalisa Manoban." She shook his hand. "What are you doing here, Jungkook-ssi?"

"Same as you, I suppose, waiting for the rain to stop. Well, actually I wanted to leave after Jehyun took off but I think I wanted to eat something before going home but I saw you sitting here alone..." Lisa nodded. She didn't know what to say so she thought it was best to leave the conversation there.

-

"You sure?" Jungkook raised his eyebrow. Jaehyun sighed and nodded, he didn't have much choice now, especially when the sky looked like that. Jungkook hated the idea, not because he had to help his friend, but because it's his friend's crush he's going to help. But Jaehyun looked so desperate and his request doesn't feel weird at all. He just has to give her a ride and take her home.

That was supposed to not bother him but when he found her at the airport cafe his feet stuck on the ground for 2 whole minutes. Her figure was so ethereal even when he's 10 meters away looking at her.

She was sitting there unbothered, staring out of the glass window onto the loud rain outside. Jungkook could see her sighed several times when he walked closer. His hesitation slowly faded with each step as he wondered what was on the head of hers when she sits still like that.

"This rain is taking forever," She sighed. Jungkook sat on the chair across from her and looked at the same spot she's been looking at and sighed back. "I know right?"

She looked at him with a shocked face. Jungkook suddenly felt nervous and wanted to melt with the rain for the stare, but he had to deal with it. He ran his fingers over his hair and looked back at her. He found her puzzled and guilty face there instead of annoyed. Did she forget who I am?

He chuckled. Cute. "I'm Jeon Jungkook. Jae's friend?" He reached out his hand. Oh my God, awkward. Why did he do that? Very professional of him, in the middle of the night, to his friend's crush. Jaehyun would regret his request if he saw him like this.

"Oh, yeah," She blurted, reached his hand, but noticed something. "I mean, yes, I'm Lalisa Manoban." She changed her tone to formal. Jungkook wanted to curse himself, she went with a formal tone because he started their convo with a handshake. Very mature, Kook. Heck, too mature it makes you look like a Grandpa. She might think of him as a colleague now. Well, why would he care about what she thinks?

"What are you doing here, Jungkook-ssi?" She asked. He realized that he's been zoning out for too long after the handshake. Well, he couldn't say to her that he's here because his friend sent him, right? Right. It would be creepy if he said that to a woman he just met 3 hours ago.