110: Never Not

Jungkook rubbed his face frustratingly. Seriously? It's the third this week. This whole dream-drama made him feel like he's not sleeping enough, went to the office with dark circles and more cups of coffee everyday. It's been exactly a month since the first day he dreamt again, and although he felt adjusted to this routine he's still wishing he could stop being somebody else when he sleeps.

Plus falling in love with a woman he didn't even know makes him feel like a joke because it always feels real and sincere whenever he closes his eyes and thinks about her. He knew he remembers exactly how she looks like when he was in his dream, but when he woke up he couldn't even recall what color the dress she wore. All that was left was memories of the scenes and some weird instincts that went nowhere, growing a paranoia inside of him.

The dream today was no different. He could still hear the loud banging and someone yelling outside, while he packed his clothes in a shabby bag that contrasted with the whole room. Anxiety that crept over his shoulder felt like forever, his eyes were warm and blurred from tears. He knew he was betrayed.

Jungkook shook his head. No. This weekend he's not gonna let anything ruin his mood. He's leaving for Busan today to visit his father, and he's going to stop thinking about it.

Should I get a haircut? Jungkook wondered as he slicked his hair back. It's getting longer and becoming harder to style, but he grew on it, it felt a little nice actually. But Seokjin already pointed it out and told him to cut it short to keep it professional, although that was ironic because his own hair was longer than Jungkook's.

Maybe that man was joking, he always said some nonsense in the middle of a serious conversation and laughed at his own joke. It wasn't even funny, but because he's the boss and he's smart as hell everyone tolerated it somehow. Although Jungkook would chuckle whenever he remembered those dad jokes Seokjin threw at him, at real-time Jungkook never found it amusing. It ruined the moment sometimes, but that old man didn't care.

Seokjin was careless and having fun, Jungkook strangely adore that guy.

-

Jungkook tidied up his long coat, stepping out from the elevator. He glanced at a couple of security guards that stood in front of the entry door, refusing to let someone in. They were strict and thorough, really dedicated to keeping the apartment buildings quiet and safe. That guy they declined to go in may be an ex of someone in the apartment, trying to have his way to the block. He brought a big bouquet of flowers and a huge Gucci bag.

Almost all of the security guards were young and still pretty bright, they were kind and friendly to the residents. Only one on the apartment block was pretty old, maybe 68 years old. People called him Yongji-ahjussi. He's been working in the area since the 80s, and the manager decided to keep him around. Although the parking gate on the other apartment blocks already have all-automated parking service, in this block there was still a human-operated post which Yongji-ahjussi worked at.

Jungkook sometimes visited Yongji-ahjussi's post after he went to Busan to give him some food he brought. Yongji-ahjussi lived alone in the nearby neighborhood after all of his children had their own family. They were pretty close, every time Jungkook went through the parking gate Yongji-ahjussi would have something to tell him, like shocking news or gossip in the community.

"Jungkook-ssi, I heard the unit next to yours was finally rented. You know, the one that got a very bad reputation because someone killed herself last year? Someone rented it, finally. A very nice and pretty lady." Yongji-ahjussi said while scanning through Jungkook's card.

Jungkook nodded and smiled politely. This news unsurprisingly makes Yongji-ahjussi excited because he's been struggling to market the unit since the manager asked him.