Chapter 4

Ravi Shaw walked into the Ribbon Tree Tien Center around the same time, getting lost in the multiple rooms of the Dragon Dance Dome. Every hallway was decked out in draconic, magician, and ninja scroll themed imagery, leading to different rooms. One had music, another with actors practicing, others on design, a group of dancers, and finally the person he was looking for, Preston Tien leading a performance of teens from Summer Cove performing flips, summoning rabbits who vanished into cards that flew around like dragons before they fell down into two hats.

Ravi clapped alongside the rest of the audience. The Ranger Database confirmed Preston was capable of actual supernatural magic akin to the Mystic Rangers, but didn't use his dragon wand at all.

After the audience finished, Preston bowed, asking anyone if they wanted to sign up.

"And don't forget to place your wishes on the Ribbon Tree. Those make the wishes of anyone come true if they work hard. My dad and mom fell in love because of this. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the Dragon Dance Dome."

He flipped around and vanished, appearing right next to the Beast Morphers Blue Ranger.

"You're here for the art exhibit!?"

"Yeah," though recalling General Burke's warnings, "I'm hoping we have enough time."

"By all means. My leader's mentor is great with these aspects, especially when it comes to calligraphy."

"Sure, but I'd rather show off my own art."

"By all means." The two headed toward the art section of the dome.

"Did you really build this whole place?"

"Well, I had a chat with dad. A long, tiring, talk, but he's coming around. He always wanted me to get into the family business," sighing. "He cares about me, but I just wanted someone other than mom to enjoy my talents. And," adjusting his hat, "it took a long time to find those people."

"Hurts when it comes from family, doesn't it."

"Always." Preston lit back up. "So you said you wanted to practice your art?"

"Sure." They got greeted by a woman of similar height wearing sandals with long pants and a red shirt.

"Preston, Mr. Romero says he needs more supplies."
"Thanks again for the help Sandy," giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll take care of it."

Sandy led Preston into the art group, who was stunned to see a familiar face.

"Mom?"

Commander Shaw was wearing more casual wear, painting alongside Mr. Romero.

"What seems to be the problem, Ravi?"

"You're joining me?"

"I limited your passion. At the very least, I'd like to explore that side of our family for a change."

A middle aged hunky male in a gray-blue shirt wearing a red sweater ended up guiding her. "You're doing pretty well."

Ravi walked over to see her drawing calligraphy of different Japanese calligraphy.

"So these are the symbols for fire and love. Did you learn this from ninjutsu training?"

"A bit. My wife was my teacher. I'd show my sons, but I didn't get to be around them thanks to a certain prism. I hope I can do so before they move on in life."

"Interesting. Could you teach me the one that means family?"

"By all means."

Ravi wasn't sure what this was leading too while Preston returned, handing supplies to the two parents.

"Hey Prest-o, how about you teach me some magic tricks, and you can be my muse."

Smash came over. "Wait, Ravi, what are you planning on working on?"

"Whatever gets my mind focused on anything else right now. How about dragons?"

"How about a dragon gorilla?"

Ravi got to work while taking a break to learn from Preston how to do conventional tricks they would practice for later.