Chapter 8

At the Morph-X Tower, Ben and Betty were watching over the construction.

"Good job everyone, stay vigilant," Betty said, making sure nothing would stop her, no matter how many fruit peelings, garbage, and garbage she walked into.

"Betty, relax," her wider and stout brother suggested. "Everything's going smoothly."

"And it should! Dad, er, General Burke is counting on us! After the last Evox attack, we have to make sure Summer Cove also sees it's an asset more than a detriment. His army's only after Coral Harbor, and the other Rangers are deployed at each one."

"Still," holding additional Morph-X Keys and prototype Beast-X Morphers. "Nate said if anything happens, we're in charge. Maybe we could get promoted."

Betty's mouth widened. "And arrest other Power Rangers villains?!"

The two hopped up and down, cheering up and down as they heard two people complaining, heading over there. They psyched themselves up, putting their best mature face on.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"Officer Burke," a guardian saluted. "Our new cadet hasn't been organizing the construction of the internal case of the tower."

"Excuse me," said a young adult, grinning. "You have the great Victor Vincent, winner of fifty trophies at your service, and you just need me just to lift a few objects? I helped the Power Rangers save the world, after all."

"Victor," a scrawny shorter male asked, racing over there. "We all have our strengths and weaknesses, so that's why they put me there."

Betty raised her head up and down. "And you are?"

"Right," saluting, "Cadet Monty Morty at your service."

"You all should be grateful for having us here at all!"

Ben briefly pulled Betty away. "Yeah, they did defeat Cosmo Royale and Badonna."

"And? One's a game show announcer and a fangirl, anyone could take them on with explosives and some bubblegum!"

She approached. "Is that so," Betty asked. "Then if you're so great the Ninja Steel Rangers need your help, what are you doing here working for Grid Battleforce?"

"Obviously to volunteer for two teams with my amazing skills and charisma," shining his pearly whites.

"And we spent so much trying to get his fiftieth trophy that he needs to build up his resume for college."

"Ha, assuming you can get in with that behavior," Ben chimed.

Victor sized up to him. "I could do your job much better."

"You look old enough to have a kid in high school," Betty claimed.
"Don't talk about my Victor like that!"

Both duo's body postures were eager for a fight when a shaggy blond-black middle aged man with goggles approached them.

"Victor, Monty, look I'm glad you all decided to volunteer with me, but let's focus on the task. Monty, they'll need your help, stat."

"Mr. Kanic, please I got this."

The Burkes turned to each other, then him. "Aren't you the-"

"Their teacher at Summer Cove, and," inflecting, "only that to most people. Oh Victor," pointing to Grid Battleforce employees struggling with hardware.
"Understood," rushing over to assist them.

"Sorry about that, Mick."

"Hey, Ranger secrets are never easy. Thank Shaw for the extra help, if any Ranger group needs a Mick-Kanic, I'll lend a helping hand. The tower should be functioning within a few hours."