07_SPHERE

After collecting their prize credit, they left the club and headed to Orion's house to celebrate their victory. Belarin would have dinner prepared for them, then they would re-play and critique their game.

They stepped off the lift and walked down the hallway, excited, talking loudly, disturbing the neighbors. As Orion walked up to the door a laser scanned the 'D-chip' located in his shoulder and the locks released.

"Mom, were home!" Orion called out.

"Sounds like you made a good score," Belarin said from the kitchen. The three of them exchanged meaningful glances.

"I brought you this," Orion said, proudly presenting an artfully wrapped box of kelammel.

Belarin was truly surprised. "Orion! Where did you get these from?!"

"I bought them for you, at a repurant shop," he watched her reaction.

Belarin's eyes widened.

"We won first place," Orion said grinning. "That gave us more prize credit than we ever had."

Belarin nodded, clutching the gift to her chest. "Well... that's wonderful, darling! I'm so proud of you; all of you." She kissed Orion's forehead. "And thank you for these; I haven't had kelammel since the half cenro festival. She looked at her grown son and smiled. I wish your father could see you, now, she thought. "You guys must be hungry. Dinner is almost ready."

"Can I help you set the table?" Celli asked.

"Thank you darling," Belarin answered with a smile, "you know where everything is?"

"M-hm."

***

"You guys seem different today," Belarin said once they had finished their meal. "Did something happen at the club?"

"Well," Orion hesitated, "It was... I don't know exactly how to explain it, but... the way we won."

"Oh, so you were cheating!" Belarin teased.

"No." Orion said in mock offence. "You can't cheat, everyone is watching."

"So, what did you do?"

Fel glanced sidelong at Orion and raised his eyebrows with a 'don't ask me' expression. Celli just grinned sheepishly.

"We just got lucky," Orion said, choosing to simplify the issue.

"Five times in a row," Fel said under his breath.

"Well, I'm glad you had fun, and I'm glad you won! I won too; I got some kelammel," she said, holding the box teasingly in front of them. "They are sooooo good," she opened the lid. "Anybody want one?"

Their eyes lit up and they nodded in unison.

"Yes, please," Fel said.

They sat around the table savoring their treats when the com-link beeped. "Yes?" Belarin answered. Her voice activating the receiver.

"This is Hanro, is Celli there?"

"Yes, she is, just a minute."

Celli rose, took the receiver and pressed the privet channel. "Hi dad," she said in a more sober tone. "No, I'll be home later, we need to critique the game... the game," she said a little louder. "... ok... yes... bye."

Orion and Fel had started clearing the table when Celli got off the link.

"You guys go ahead with your game," Belarin said, "I'll take care of this."