Chapter Six

His eyes were blue and deep like Toni's, his pupils were dilated, his eyelids open wide. He stared. Like he did at the hospital. Like he did at the concert. I liked it. It was kind of intimidating and it made me feel a little uncomfortable, it was exciting. I could feel my blood pumping through my veins faster and faster. I loved this unpredictability. The feeling of not knowing what is going to happen next.
He was holding both of my hands in his, he pushed both of  his hands simultaneously up to my elbows and pulled me even closer. He leant forward, his face was so close - his nose touched mine. The shadow of his face made it dark. I looked down at his lips as he did. Then he traced his palms up my back to my neck, holding my hair as he kissed me. He stood up straight now. He wasn't fast but not too slow either. His lips were smooth, he pulled away slightly and pivoted his forehead on mine to look down, and I leant forward to kiss him. He held me tighter so as not to lose me. "Don't go anywhere, stay with me", he whispered, breathing heavily. I looked up at him still only centimetres from his face with no emotion shown on mine. "Why?" I said, half breaking from a whisper into a louder voice, "Because I'm falling", I didn't know what to say. Would he really risk everything for one girl he met only a few weeks ago, he must be really sure. "I..." I opened my mouth to speak, "Don't, don't say anything. I just want you here, right now". It was a state of confusion I'd never felt before, something I didn't even know I could feel. My emotions had all been heightened to the extremities, was I falling too? He pulled me closer again, he kissed my forehead looking over me, "What are you doing to me Amelia?", He asked himself quietly. "What are you doing to me?" I asked back. He kissed me again. My knees felt so weak - just like in the movies. He pulled back, moving the shadow away and creating light. "I've been dying to do that since the moment I first laid eyes on you" he said speaking louder now but still with a subtle tone. I smiled and looked at the floor, he stroked my jaw down to my chin and lifted my head up slowly, "It's true", he was serious. He looked at my eyes again, shifting between the two, "You're a wonder, Amelia Tompkins". "What are we gonna do, like how do we do this?", I asked, I was concerned.
I didn't want to be famous, I didn't want to be an 'object' that everyone was watching. Maybe I wouldn't mind it? Maybe Tyler was worth it? Maybe Jake could help cover it - surely that would cost though? I know Tyler didn't care what the public had to say about us - but I did. Was I ready to risk everything after just two days of knowing this man. The thing was, every time I was with him, I forgot it all, his fame, our differences, the cameras, all I could think about was him. But reality meant that we couldn't just deal with them later, the problems needed to be tackled now and no later, I guess this was fame.
"I don't know, we'll figure something", it didn't calm my mind though. It wasn't a solution.
I looked up, behind Tyler was a clock, It was six-thirty, "It's kind of late and I should probably be heading back to Toni's. There's a train that leaves in a bit that I might be able to catch", "Oh, um...yeah, I'll take you there or rather my bodyguard will drive you and I shall escort you", we both laughed, stopping together to look at each other once more in this perfect frame of young excitement.