Chapter Twelve

Excuse my 15yo obsession with TVD yes this is where I got the inspo from

It was light outside. I rolled over to face the other side of the bed. Tyler's head rested perfectly on his pillow. I sat up and looked around the room to acknowledge the mess we had made. "Wow", I whispered to myself. Sitting up I was aware that I had nothing to cover my top half, I stepped out from underneath the sheets. I was completely naked and the fourth wall of the room was one long open window. I scuttled quickly to the end of the bed to put on some pants and searched for my bra. "Fuck where's my bra", I whispered again to myself. Tyler grunted and turned over, "You know I prefer you without one", he made me smile.  I grabbed a tshirt and pushed it over my head. Tyler's cheek triggered me to throw something at him, a sock. It hit his shoulder. He sat up suddenly and reached forward, he jerked on my hands and pulled me until I lost balance. I fell into a heap on top of him. We both fell backwards laughing. I lay next to him and we stared at each other's faces. I looked deep into his eyes, I felt like I was falling into them like water. He pushed his lips forward and they grazed my head. "Did you hear what I said yesterday at the concert", he spoke quietly and stroked my cheek, brushing a strand of hair onto my neck. "I heard you", I responded; whispering. "In front of all those people", he said. The emotions came back. I was paralysed, too overwhelmed to speak. "I love you, Amelia", he whispered, more quietly than before. He had freed me with these words and I felt a tear roll down sideways and onto my nose before hitting my pillow. "I love you too", finally words had come back to me.
They always say in movies how it's not whether you're ready to say it back, it's whether you're ready to hear it said. In my case it was both. I needed Tyler to say it so that I could hear it. But I needed to admit to myself out loud what I truly felt inside. Only then would I be free, in control and happy. I smiled to myself.
I pushed my head closer to his until our foreheads met, I looked down at his lips as he did the same. We kissed again for a long time this time. A kiss not like the ones we'd shared before. It wasn't fierce, it didn't fill me with excitement, it didn't send my mind wild. No, this kiss was different. It was the truth. This kiss symbolised our solidity and our strength as one unit. We were in love, this is what this particular kiss meant.
We lay there for a while in the crisp, white sheets with the light from the window filling the room, just staring at each other. I stroked his face; from his hairline, down his nose to his top lip, drawing his bottom lip downwards. He lay motionless but looking back at me - gazing at my eyes. I kissed him softly. "Happy Birthday", he said quietly. "H-", I was a little surprised he knew, "- Toni told me, she knew you wouldn't have told me", he smiled and then brought me into a tight embrace. I turned around and he brought me closer, kissing my shoulder and then my neck up to my ear. "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you...", he started to sing quietly. His voice was stunning, it made me smile. He turned me back to face him. He was smiling, his eyes transfixed on my face. Searching every last detail.
"So what do you want to do? You're eighteen now; let's go get your first legal drink", Tyler said laughing. I kissed him again, "Okay", I whispered and kissed him again.
We had both decided that today we would make a public appearance together. I was slightly scared because I had never wanted to be famous; I hated attention. But with Tyler next to me I felt strong enough.
It was 09:30 am. I grabbed a towel from off of the floor and walked to the ensuite. I took the tshirt and my pants off and left them in a small pile on the floor beside the toilet. I closed the glass door of the shower behind me and pushed the small knob on the wall to the left and hot water came instantly from the ceiling. Hitting my chest in thousands of shooting little droplets. I moved closer to the centre of the water source, letting my head soak itself, I closed my eyes. The water ran, falling off my nose, my top lip and my chin.
The door to the ensuite opened and Tyler walked in, a small white towel wrapped around him. His body was all muscle, like a cobbled street. Each muscle defined by the light of the room, his skin was paler than mine but pure and flawless. He had no tattoos, as I imagined he would have had one. He let his towel drop to the floor slowly and he opened the door to the shower. And closed it behind him. He walked up to me and kissed me again. He kissed my shoulder and smoothed his hands down my back and over my buttocks to the tops of my legs. He then pulled me up to him. My legs around him again. My eyes closed and my mouth open, letting the water in. I felt the cold tiles on my back. I pulled his head closer until our eyes met beneath the waterfall between us. I closed my eyes again and leant forward to kiss him.  My small hands stretched out at the bottom of his neck, over his shoulder. Tyler kissed me back slowly, passionately. He then pushed me harder against the third wall of the shower. Moving together with a gentle rhythm, I breathed in and out loudly as he pulled me even closer to him he kissed me again, his head against mine. Both of our eyes open now as we grinned in the depths of our happiness. I mouthed the words this time, "I...love...you", he mouthed them back to me; droplets of water falling in one constant stream off his lips.
After my hair had dried, I proceeded to do my makeup. Painting over my lashes with my mascara and completing the 'dark eye' look with my eyeliner. I rootled through my bag for anything else I might want to use. Some face cream. Tyler walked up behind me, I could see him as I sat in front of the mirror. In the reflection I saw him open a small black box. He pulled out a thin silver chain. It dragged over the lid, revealing a medium sized, silver lump it was connected to. He placed it on my chest and attached the chain together to complete the necklace behind my neck. "Happy birthday", Tyler said again softly. I placed a finger on it, watching in the mirror. The silver charm on the chain was a solid circle, the hidden half was flat and the front more rounded. It had swirled engravings on it, encasing it like the branches of a tree. At the top and to one side was a stunning blue stone; a sapphire. I liked how the stone wasn't central, it made it different. Where on Earth did Tyler find this? "It's beautiful", I said; in awe that he'd given me something. "I've had it for years and years, never knowing who I should give it to; now it's fairly clear", he smiled and wrapped his arms around my neck, kissing my head. I held his hands, as if for protection. "Promise me you'll never take it off", he said as a statement. It was a command, not a question. Of course I would never take it off, "I'll never take it off", I answered him. I loved him, why would I ever take the weight of our love off me.