Chapter Ten

Anna left me at the station and I went to sit down on my train. The journey was tedious but my mind raced with ideas of what might happen with Tyler. My face went hot with fantasies playing out in my head. Toni had lent me her iPod and some earphones in order for me to listen to some of Tyler's songs so that I knew at least some of the words to his songs.
Over the past three weeks Tyler and I had seen each other almost every day. Sometimes he would have to stay wherever he was staying as he did actually have a career he needed to get back to. Tyler was warm and funny, he was compassionate and strong. He was stubborn but so was I. There was something about him that always sent me into excitement when I saw him. It gave me a rush. Not just a rush though because it was constant. Whatever we were doing, whatever this was, I don't think it was serious but then again maybe it was. All we had done was kiss again and again, we saw each other almost every day and we had both admitted that we were "falling". But we couldn't go out in public together. This was concerning me. Would we really let 'cameras' get in the way of what we felt, surely that's all that mattered.
Jake the manager had also taken a liking to me. He was no longer cynical and offensive about me, he seemed to have changed his mind. I had gone back into Birmingham to see Tyler at the recording studio, this time he didn't come to the station as we'd agreed it probably wasn't so smart. As both Jake and I had stood behind the glass watching Tyler, we had spoken and laughed a bit and had become friends.
When I hadn't been with Tyler, I was on the phone with him instead. We would talk for hours on end about nothing important, but we'd laugh. And it wasn't awkward ever. We had silences but I like the silences the way he did. They were moment of reflection moments when we could hear each other's breathing against the phone. Nothing was moving to fast and nothing to slow. It was a constant speed. He'd brought me out of my shell, the way Milly had. He'd made me happy. He'd made me laugh and smile more than ever and he was my best friend and the guy I was kind of dating. He was incredible. The way he would lift me up and stare up at me. Scanning my face over and over, the way he kissed me, the way the world went dark as he came close to me, the way his hands would brush over my skin...making me feel so comfortable and easy. There was laughing in my head.
I arrived at Euston in the late afternoon. Josh was there to collect me. "Amelia, how lovely to see you. If you'd like to come with me I shall drive you to the stadium now". I smiled and followed him to a shiny, black car.
The stadium was huge, I'd never been to the O2 before and it was massive. The crowds were built of thousands and screaming. Everywhere people screamed. I really wasn't a fan of concerts and loud noise but I wanted to stay here to watch Tyler. My train had been fashionably late and hence I had arrived half way through. Tyler spotted me back stage and then started to smile as he sang to the masses.
An hour and a half of loud music and screaming proceeded. At the end of the list of songs he spoke to the audience, "this last song is for someone I care deeply for so I hope she likes it". His voice was loud on the microphone as he cradled it. He started to sing. His voice in this one piece was calm and soft. The song was angelic and the lyrics started to make me very emotional. I knew. Obviously I knew. The song was about me. "...and I love herrr" he sang the words with such power, it went right through me. He just said it. He just said that he "loved" me. I didn't know what to do. I smiled as I wiped a tear from my eye. "I've never seen him look at anyone like this before", I turned my head to face Jake who was standing next to me behind stage. "...don't hurt him whatever you do". Jake's advice was pure and sincere. Although I knew I'd never do anything to hurt Tyler. I didn't think this because of what Tyler had just sang but because I felt it too. I loved him too. Nothing made sense without him. And I know that when you get to this stage, when he's the beacon that makes everything clear - that's when you know it's love. Nothing mattered to me anymore. He was the only thing I had to lose. He was my only weakness.
The song ended and Tyler took a bow, "Thank you, London you've been amazing tonight - thank you", he gave a short wave and walked quickly towards me. His touch was so strong and rough. He held my face in a tight grip with both hands as he kissed me with the same power he'd just sung with. His forehead was crinkled like it did when he sang. A tear rolled silently down the side of his face and hit my shoulder. I wiped my thumb underneath his eye and kissed him back fiercely. He grasped my hair in his fists and pulled me closer. Our embrace was so overwhelmingly emotional and passionate, I didn't want to move from that spot.