Play fight - KiriBaku

[3519 words]

Stray-X (I think writing these fics has helped me with my English grades..☠️)

Your eyes were like a swinging pendulum watching Bakugo and Kirishima fight.
Back and fourth, back and fourth — they sprawled themselves throughout the whole area of the arena, smoke encapsulating them from Bakugo's destructive explosions.
"Go Kirishima!" You and Ochako cheer from the small viewing benches, standing up on the unstable slatted wood on the tips of your toes to peer above the sea of smoke.
You'd both stayed behind after class to watch them go against each other for the third time this month.
Kirishima wasn't one to turn down a challenge, and in most peoples perspectives it just seemed that Bakugo wanted to fight for the thrill of it.
Of course, you knew that was all wrong, much like all the preconceived thoughts of Bakugo — he'd let it slip one starry night when you'd snuck out of the dorms that he was only doing it to help Kirishima improve.

Their rivalry was a huge source of entertainment, so it excited you and Ochako to watch them dual — your water-bottle was in danger of bursting everywhere with the force you were clenching it.
"He's doing so well — much better than last week!" Ochako turns to you, eyes glittering with pride for Ejirou.
You turn to her marginally, eyes still focused on the intense fight.
"I know right, I'm so proud!" You flash her a grin, both of you wincing when Kirishima lets out a guttural groan as Bakugo manages to catch him by surprise with a huge explosion to the stomach.
It was true, Kirishima had grown a lot in strength against Bakugo, in fact, a few weeks ago the fight would've been over in 3 minutes max.
Kirishima is sent ricochetting back with the heavy impact of the force, but somehow remains standing, his heel stubbornly pressing down to the ground in determination, soiling himself to the floor.

There's a silence as Bakugo brushes through the debris, both you and Ochako glued to the match in front of you.

"Still not giving up, eh?" You hear Bakugo yell over the plume of smoke swirling around them.
He's panting, wiping the backs of his sweat-drenched hands on his baggy training pants before resuming his fighting stance, low to the ground with a smirk gracing his scathed face. It was unfair really; unlike others who got worn out and weaker during the course of a fight, Bakugo only got stronger, the increased amount of sweat he produces giving him a heavy advantage.
Kirishima had gotten him previously with a strike to the face, a thin, jagged cut crossing his cheek.
Despite looking like he'd gone through a war, Ejirou wipes away the grime from his cheek, sharp teeth bared in a murderous smile.
"Not this time Katsuki." He blinks, sending you and Ochako a fleeting glance from the arena.
You both cheer louder, sending him a thumbs up.
"Bring it then big boy." Bakugo licks his lips, gesturing for Kirishima to go ahead.
Kirishima grunts, running towards him at break-neck speed, arms hardening so that they looked like literal fragments of rock.
Unexpectedly, Kirishima strikes instantly, his iron fists aiming directly for Bakugo's face, with enough momentum that a single hit could be deadly.
The weight of each swing gave Bakugo a brief moment to realise what he was doing, surprise flashing on his face.
He dodges each swing, having no choice but to be on the defensive whilst Kirishima pursues him around the ring offensively.
He manages to eventually catapult himself far away enough to outstretch his palm in warning.
"I'm impressed, but you're too slow, and too fucking predictable with your swings. Try switch up your pattern of attack by throwing in some variation." He smirks, Kirishima's eyes glowering with frustration.
"You're right. I thought that whilst I was swinging..." He scolds himself.

"Y/N?" Ochako's voice draws you back to the stands, away from their tensed statures.
Your attention is enough for her, a playful smile dancing on her lips whilst she covers the speaker of her phone with her crinkled sleeve.
"I'm going to go back to my room now. Deku said he'll help me with that horrid homework Aizawa set... Is that okay? I wouldn't want to leave you here alone if you didn't want to be." She scuffs her shoe against the bench sheepishly, cheeks turning a little red.
A smile climbs it's way up your face as she steams with embarrassment.
"Of course I don't mind. Go have some quality time with Midoriya. You never know what could happen when you're left alll allonee." You wiggle your eyebrows up and down, a little squeak coming out of her mouth as she gestures frantically at the phone with a pleading look.
She'd had a crush on Izuku Midoriya for as long as you could remember — in fact, you weren't exactly sure how he was so painfully oblivious to her constant pining and goggle eyes.
"A— Alright then! I'll be on my way! See you tomorrow!" She gulps, tone unnaturally high as she shoots you pathetic daggers with her eyes.
"Text me!" You wave as she walks away, speaking frantically into the phone.
It made you giggle a little to yourself.