The Best Baker - KiriTodoBaku

RavenRose120 Sorry this took so long! ❤️ Hopefully I made up for it with a little bit of lime at the end >:)

When the oven alarm bellows through the kitchen, your eyes snap open in surprise from your small nap on the sofa.

"Shit..." You curse under your breath as you haul yourself up and fully engage in your surroundings.

Mountains of self-raising flour smother the kitchen counters in uneven, snowy layers, some even sliding down the edge in a powdery avalanche. Pans and utensils lay around carelessly, causing you to yelp when you step down on a wooden spoon, that had accidentally been dropped on the floor, in your hurry.
The blunt pain makes you hiss, but it's not enough to take your attention away from the grey smoke billowing out of the malfunctioning metal oven. Your jaw slackens in horror as you watch it twist and slither around the room, slowly and dauntingly, until it reaches the smoke detector. Eyes widening, you have just enough time to cover your ears before the deafening roar of the smoke alarm penetrates the air.

The sound was comparable to a dozen babies screaming, a high school lunch canteen — the thundering rattle of two hundred helicopters.

Eardrums positively bleeding, you stumble forward and frantically scramble to open the oven door. Waves of molten hot heat groan and roll out, warming your face as you cough and splutter. You blindly grab a towel from the side of the counter as your other hand desperately remains over an ear, before setting your attention on the goddamn apple pie you'd attempted to make.
You pull it out, using the towel to protect your hand from the heat. Plumes of smoke follow it as you shove it on the counter, grimacing as the noise of the smoke alarm continues to wreak havoc on the kitchen — not allowing you to hear the engine of the car pulling up outside.
You leave the pie for a minute, waving the towel around the smoke detector as you splutter and cough, tears sprinting to your eyes. You open up all the kitchen windows as far as they'll allow you to, and finally, finally, the relentless noise stops.

Glancing at the charcoal coloured pie on the side, the messy state of the kitchen, while your ears are ringing with the haunting sound of the alarm, you let out a stifled sob.

What the hell was wrong with you? You think to yourself as your cheeks grow damp. Why were you crying about a botched attempt at bakery?
It was true that you were renowned for being an extremely talented baker and chef, so perhaps the incident had hurt your culinary ego — just a little. Sighing, you wipe your eyes vigorously as you take another glance at the black apple pie. "What a lost cause." You mumble to yourself as you begin gathering supplies to get it out of the tin and throw it away.

It's at that moment the teal front door swings open, chatter and footsteps following in suit. You freeze as you glance down at your watch.

They were early as hell.

Bakugo is the first to enter the kitchen as Kirishima and Todoroki laugh about something in the hallway as they take off their shoes.

Your back is facing him, trying to cover your disastrous attempt at an apple pie, and maybe, just maybe, your tears too.

When he speaks, his tone is deadpan.

"What the fuck happened in here."

It wasn't a question — it was a demand.

You swivel around with a forced smile plastered across your face, hands nervously moving together. There was no doubt he could see the dried tears on your face, making you feel a little silly at crying over a pie. In fact, that blank, blunt expression of his that he never failed to pull when you did something weird, or that he didn't like, made you feel stupid every single time.
The corner of your mouth twitches when you speak, as if a fuse had broken inside you.