3

"That guy keeps looking at you like he wants you for breakfast" Mila now yelled to Montana over the music as they danced, having noticed him making eyes at her friend for a solid five minutes now. 

Montana was used to attention that men gave her, but not all were worth her time. She looked to where Mila had her eyes and noted a handsome man sitting in one of the booths, eyes on her whilst he drank his liquor, his friend also watching but he seemed to be more interested in his drink than finding a girl for the evening.

"If he wants me? He's gonna need to make it worth my while", She grinned, still keeping her eyes fixed on the suited guy. Giving him a sultry look, before turning away and continuing to dance with her friend.

Mila smirked. "You minx, he's a hottie though, his friend? Ok sure I might, but him? He looks like he knows his way around a girl".

Montana knew that he'd probably come to know his way around her by the time the night was over - if he played his cards right. She continued to sway with the music, her cares drifting from her before noting that her friend had made for the bar and was now talking to the guy making her drink.

"Mila you little traitor" She muttered to herself, knowing that her friend's tactics would be cause for the guy staring to make his move - and she was right, because just minutes later, her suspicions were confirmed. 

"Can I get you a drink?" A voice said from behind her as she now turned and saw the handsome guy from the booth stood there, eyes trailing up her body before they locked with her own again.

He was tall, but he looked as though he was hiding quite a toned body beneath the crisp open shirt that showed a little chest, topped off with a suit jacket and some trousers.

A businessman. He had to be - and most likely from the black market if he was drinking in a place like this. She'd come to identify these kinds of men over the years she had frequented the clubs. 

"That would depend - how much am I worth?" She asked with a knowing smile seeping onto her lips.

He gave a small smile and broke eye contact, looking down and then back at her. "Probably a lot more than the champagne costs that's for sure".

"Smooth" Montana thought to herself. This was a man who seemed like he actually knew what he wanted and what to expect.

With another look up and down him, she knew what she wanted for sure, and had no doubt that he could deliver, the confidence in her now showing as she gave him an ultimatum. "Buy me a drink, or take me home?"

Bold.

But in these times, you couldn't afford to miss an opportunity, even if it was just for the night. Montana had learned that life was short, and she needed to live it like she was going to be dusted at any given moment. 

And what was to say that they weren't?

The name Thanos had disintegrated with the people - no one knowing whether he was alive or dead. Someone had to know though...but either way everyone treated it like he still roamed, and probably did.

And if he came back?

Well, she didn't know what would happen, but at this moment in time she really didn't care about that. The fluttering between her legs was enough of an inclination as to what she wanted from this evening. 

"How about both? I'll buy the champagne and you can give me your name on the way to my place?" He suggested, his smile growing.

He knew what he was doing, and it was working.

She bit her lip, body moving a little closer to his own so as her arm brushed against his. "My dad says I shouldn't give my name to strangers". Teasing him just for that little bit longer as to her identity. Not that he'd know her from her first name, but her second? She'd leave out that small detail for now. What was the point when she would probably end up not even seeing him again after tonight?

The man smirked at this. "We've been talking for a few minutes; I don't think we can class us as that".

Touche

"Montana" she finally told him after a brief moment of deliberation.

He never took his eyes from her after that. Not once. He had her name and now he'd have her. Steve hadn't come this far just for him to just say 'ok thanks have a great evening' and leave.

No.

The sounds of this woman would be filling his apartment until dawn. Already he felt himself twitch inside of his pants and nodded to himself, then giving her his name.

"Steve".

Still with the confidence she had possessed from the moment she'd walked through the doors of the club; Montana threw him a look. "Best buy me that bottle and we can get out of here then?"

She didn't have to tell him twice.

He produced his card from his wallet, holding it up to show her and then making for the bar while she watched. The barman produced probably the most expensive bottle from underneath the counter, Steve paying for it before making his way back over to her. "Satisfied?"

"That's why you're taking me home isn't it?" She mused.

Already he could tell that this evening was going to be his most interesting yet.

"Well then I don't think we need to waste any more time - go wait by the back doors over there, we're taking the other exit".

"Afraid your friend will see?"

Steve smirked. "More the fact that someone else does. Can't be too careful in a place like this, which begs the question as to why a girl like you is here?"

"For the night-life clearly" she stated and went to wait while he made his way over to Clint.

"So I'm guessing that I'm gonna be getting the dirt on Julian alone tonight?" Clint said, having watched the exchange between Steve and the girl he'd been watching.

Steve chuckled. "Only if you're brave enough to go it alone, but I wouldn't recommend it".

Clint snorted. "You realise we used to do that kinda shit back in the day. I'm the embodiment of stealth".

"Just be careful".

"Hey, I'll say the same to you as well". He glanced over to the waiting girl. "Don't give her too much of the super serum of yours - I know Thanos snapped half of us away, but the bastard left us a world where we can't even afford to bring kids into anymore. Well, we can, but I wouldn't wish it - not until shit is sorted".
Even just thinking about it, Clint had wondered whether his family had got the easier end of the deal. He wouldn't have wanted them to live through some of the things he'd seen, but at the same time they hadn't deserved what they got. No victim of the snap had.

Steve chuckled. "I'll text you in the morning", and then turned and walked over to where Montana was waiting patiently. "Ready to go?"

She'd sent Mila a message to let her know she was leaving, and to cover for her, now looking up at him and then leaning into his ear, like she was about to tell him the biggest secret in the world. 

Honeyed words confirmed what he already knew. 

"Take me home".