8

After begrudgingly getting out of bed and dressed, Montana promised Steve that she would be back later, and then made for home - leaving him lying there before he also had to leave. After all, he wasn't about to put on the Nomad suit in front of her (no matter how much he knew that she would probably like it).

Clint appeared at the apartment a short while later and looked at his friend. "She here again?" 

"She's a very beautiful woman with very demanding needs". Steve smirked to him as he finished suiting up. "You have everything we need?" 

"Pretty much, but I'm guessing we're not gonna be striking today". 

He shook his head. "Not a chance. We need to get him to trust us, become the perfect business associates - plus he's got guards. Those guys have gotta be taken out before making the beeline for Kenley". 

"Think he'll be open to letting us know his dirty secrets? It was a miracle we actually were able to meet with him in the first place". Clint leant back against the kitchen counter. 

"I'm sure we can find some way. Right - let's get going, if we're late the chances are that he won't meet with us at all or again". 

The pair left, making their way to the arranged meeting place that was the office that they did business from. As it happened, Jonah was the one who arrived later and with his henchmen in tow. Two stood guard outside the door whilst the other two remained by their boss's side. The meeting itself went rather well in terms of trading and negotiating. although it was said that Jonah Kenley was a tough man to work with, this had been easy enough. 

"I like you two". He sat back and toyed with the rings on his fingers. "I can tell guys who try and double cross me from a mile off, but you guys are like me - all trade for the rewards that come from it". 

Steve wasn't sure whether he should be offended or to just take the compliment. Kenley didn't exactly give those out freely. "We're all trying to make a living". 

"Ain't we just - I want you to have lunch with me today, I have other contacts who would be interested in working with you aside from myself". 

"Are they discreet?" Steve now asked. 

Kenley nodded. "Very. Gotta be in this trade". He took a slip of paper and a pen from Steve's desk and wrote his address down. "1pm sharp, we can continue our conversation then". Gesturing to his men to follow him out. 

Steve looked to Clint once they knew he was gone and shrugged. "Well that went better than expected". 

"Could be a trap, he could be onto us already". 

"In which case we'll just have to walk right into it then, but we'll be prepared".  It wasn't as though they hadn't done that before, but he could be sure that Jonah Kenley knew nothing of who they really were and just what they did. 

Clint shrugged. "Looks like lunch is sorted then". 

**

Showering off the night of sex, Montana dried her hair and stared at herself in the mirror. Her father had been out when she'd returned so that was a bonus. with the house nice and quiet apart from the two guards at the gates, she felt able to relax for a while. Unfortunately it had been short lived when she'd heard the car doors slam from the driveway outside and saw them all return. Her father with his cell phone glued to his ear as usual, making his calls, probably arranging the disposal of some rival or two. 

Now as the reflection stared back, she could sense a change. 

Love or lust? It was the current question that had been on her mind. Steve was unlike any other man that she had met. He didn't just want her for a night. He wanted her every night. He wanted her for her. Most guys who knew her and of her father? They would either steer clear for fear of being killed or they would take a chance and use her for their own means. To either weedle into the black market, or just her bed. Not that she cared really about the second - a quick fuck was enough, but Steve? He was so much more than that. 

In some ways it scared her to admit it. If they were to progress into any sort of serious relationship then she had no idea what her father would say or do. He didn't care, but he did - and that was what would make it hard. 

Packing some fresh clothes that would see her through for the next few days at 'Mila's', it was just after lunchtime that Montana heard voices from the hallway. 

Business at home again? What the hell was her father playing at? They'd only just had the cleaners clear up the mess the other day, if they had anymore blood staining the perfectly tiled floor then they may as well should have the colour changed to match. 

Usually she did not involve herself in anything like this, but when it was in her home? She wasn't about to be confined to the bedroom for the rest of the afternoon. She lived here too. Plus she needed something to eat and drink. 

Coming halfway down the staircase, her hand brushed lightly against the railing, stopping for a moment as she caught sight of her father shaking hands with two men - all three of whom now looked up. 

The bile rose in her throat. 

Steve. 

No. No this couldn't be happening. Surely he didn't know who her father was? Or had he? Was this all a ploy just for the sake of business. "Excuse my daughter. she always seems to have greta timing". Jonah rolled his eyes. "Stop standing there you stupid girl and go back to doing what you're supposed to!".

"I didn't realise that you were entertaining?" 

"Last minute invitation, not that it concerns you". Jonah grunted and turned back to Steve and Clint. "This is my daughter, Montana". 

Steve looked incredibly calm for her liking but walked forward all the same and took her hand, kissing the top of it before giving her a discreet wink. "You failed to mention just how beautiful she is Kenley". Still staring at her as she discreetly mouthed "what the fuck?" to him. "Will she be joining us to?" 

Oh no...

"Montana doesn't have anything to do with my affairs - instead she much prefers going out and either drinking my money away, or spending it on the very few luxuries that we can get". Jonah explained. 

Steve now turned to him. "Consider it an education for her - just so she can see how hard we work to ensure that needs are met". 

He'd certainly met them all last night...

Jonah looked thoughtful and then his eyes went to rest on his daughter. "A good point. Perhaps an education would do her some good". Jerking his head towards the dining room. "It's been too long since my daughter and I had lunch together". 

Montana glared at him as well as Steve. "I think I'll take lunch in my room - thank you". No way would she be able to sit through them talking about gods knows what. 

"Manners!" Jonah grabbed her wrist. "Our guest would like you to join us, and for once I think I shall indulge our visitors - so get your ass into that room and sit down!" 

She stared defiantly at him for a few moments before yanking her wrist free from his grasp. "Yes father". Turning to Steve and his friend -who had been remarkably silent throughout it all- she looked to him. "And what do I call you?" 

Was Steve even his real name? Or had he lied about that too? 

"Nomad". He stared at her in a way that told her that he wasn't lying. "Just Nomad". 

She raised her brows and looked him up and down. "Well, Nomad - shall we?" Before heading into the dining room without another word.