5

The desperate sound of her phone vibrating across the table made Montana wake immediately and check it.

Mila.

Thank fuck.

Glancing back at the sleeping form of Steve, who ultimately had his back turned to her, she quickly crept from the bed and into the bathroom, closing the door gently and then answering quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Just checking you got dick and not murdered". Her friend's hungover slur came down the line. "Why are you whispering? He's not got you chained to the bed has he?"

She wished.

Checking the time. She saw it was 11am, knowing she'd need to make an escape. "I'm fine, can you meet with me somewhere?" She asked. Even in a city that wasn't as populated as it once was, her father had eyes everywhere so it seemed.

"Do you even know where you are?"

That was the burning question, however Montana did recall seeing the Brooklyn bridge in her drunken haze the night before, and now quickly glanced out of the window. "Brooklyn...I think..."

"Not too far then. Do you need me to bring spare clothes? If anyone who knows your dad sees you out dressed like you are at this time then they're gonna sequel to him".

Yeah, didn't she know it. Montana really didn't fancy facing her fathers wrath when she could barely function - anyway he'd have called by now if he didn't think that she was with Mila like she'd said. But Jonah Kenley was a hard man to read.

"Yeah please, actually if I get the address of this place, could you come now? At least then I won't have to get changed in a public toilet or something".

"Already got you on find my iPhone". Mila said.

People worked fast, but her best friend worked faster when it came to finding men and ultimately where she was. "Be there soon, you could probably get another set of squats in before..."

"I'll see you soon", Montana groaned and hung up, knowing that as soon as they were out of the apartment then her friend would be asking every question under the sun, from dick size to positions.

Checking herself in the mirror and combing her hair through with her fingers so that it no longer resembled a birds nest, she opened the door and walked out, making sure to be quiet.
It seemed as though she didn't have to worry though, as she was met with Steve now up and about, noting the strong, muscular form that had held her just hours before.

"I'm sorry if I woke you..." she apologised, hoping that he wasn't the kind of guy to be cranky of a morning.

"Actually I was awake before your phone even went off". He admitted, "coffee?"

"Please". Now slipping her dress back on while feeling his eyes on her body. The tingle that she felt was borderline electrifying, but so had they been the night before. "My friend is heading over with some clothes, just so I don't have to do the walk of shame".

He smirked. "Damn, that bad eh?"

Immditatly she shook her head, "No, no. Just that I have a very overprotective dad, and if one of his friends saw me then he'd have questions".

"Makes sense - I can always send for a car to get you and your friend back home?"

"You don't have to..."

"When there's an overprotective daddy involved? It seems necessary". He insisted, and began to text the driver he regularly used. At least he knew he'd be discreet about it.

Steve was intrigued though. It was clear Montana was in a position that not many were. To have money nowadays usually meant you were in with the wrong crowd - much like himself if he wanted to admit it. Everything from her clothes to her hair and nails? It was all perfect, but then again so was she. If daddy dearest was as overbearing as she claimed he was?

Well...

That was usually because he held power, control - and not just within business.

Interesting.

"Well, thank you". She finally nodded, "it would probably help - plus I don't really fancy the walk back to hers in my state".

"Well your legs are still functioning, so I'd say I didn't do my job properly". His eyes burned into her own as he now leant against the kitchen counter, waiting for the coffee machine to finish.

She was sure that her heart had put itself on pause for a good couple seconds, because she then became aware that it had begun to thud manically against her chest.

Now looking at him, she smirked. "You said you had to have me? But can you afford me?"

"Look around". He gestured, "I think you have your answer to that".

Montana moved closer, then begging hoisted onto the counter top. Steve's hands keeping her sat there as they kept themselves either side of her. "I've gotta see you again..."

The gaze he possessed was like fire, to which at any moment she would burst into flames herself. "You didn't do your job properly remember? You'll need to finish it". She returned playfully.

Fuck.

"Believe me I plan to".

Pushing himself away from the counter top, he poured the coffee into two cups, while Montana still watched from where he had placed her. "It's a nice place...you must have a pretty good job have something like this".

Steve paused in his mind, however his body continued with what it was doing - the statement throwing him a little.

"Inherited". He lied, "apartment and job".

"Nice...you from Brooklyn originally or?"

He passed her the cup, "drink".

Montana looked at him for a moment and then sipped her coffee. "Sorry...I didn't mean to pry".

"You're not. I just don't talk about that kinda stuff much".

Now that wasn't a lie. Plus the only person that he really
spoke to, aside from their targets as they were about to die, was Clint.

"Well if you wanna see me again then I guess you'll be needing my number". She now smirked and turned it around to show the digits that he needed to add to his contact list.

He did so with a small smile and then took her phone, putting his in there. "Expect me to call by the end of today".

Montana could already feel the buzz of anticipation at that, even if she hadn't yet left. But one thing she knew was that Steve seemed to be a man of his word.

She just couldn't wait to find out how much...