05.

A week later

A week later.

"Yooo Dess." I heard someone speak, pecking on my door before twisting it open

Peeking my head from under the cover to see Ja standing there with a goofy ass grin on his face

"You're suppose to wait until I say come in before opening my door & How did you get in here?"

"My bad twin..." He said making his way inside my room "Leah let me in on her way out."

"Remind me to cuss her ass out later."

"Nawl.. youn gotta do that. I just wanted to check in with you, you been missing in action for bout a week. Where you been at?" He asked, taking a seat on the bottom part of the bed

"Keeping myself occupied... Class, nail appointments & in my room."

"We been hitting you, you ain't been responding to none of us besides that one time you texted Jayda back... You good?

"I told her to let y'all know I was good & I just wanted a moment to myself."

"Yeah she told us... How you holding up though?"

"Heartbroken... I mean I have my moments, but imma be good. I've been down this road before."

"What you mean?"

"I've been down this road before."

"This isn't the first time you've been cheated on?" He asked

"No.. Second that I know of. First time was when he went away to college. I was still in high school & I was a virgin. He said temptation got the best of him one night & he ended up having sex with some girl... he begged me to stay with him & like a fool I did. He reassured me that it wouldn't happen again... only for it to happen again.. oh but baby believe me when I say there won't be a third time though.. I'm off him."

"You still a virgin now?" He asked

"You in my business?"

"Nawl twin.." he said laughing "I'm just asking.. & I just know that temptation is a real thing."

"Nawl that's just an excuse... I lost it to him a couple months after that though."

"Damn... you chopped it up with him?"

"No, I blocked him on everything."

"How you gone block him before you hear his side of the story." He asked laughing "How you know it was even him?"

"Oh it was definitely him... & I know Duke. It's only going to be excuse after excuse after excuse & I don't care to hear it. He free to do whatever with whomever now.. I feel like that's what he been wanting anyways."

"Why you say that?"

"We haven't been in a good space for almost two months & I feel like I was the only one fighting to keep us together." I said "I love him, we have so much history but I can't keep jeopardizing my happiness for him."