Chapter 22

Captain's log, We are in the fourth month of our Vulcan exile. And it was Doctor McCoy with a fine sense of historical irony, who decided on a name for the Enterprise, "HMS Bounty". And like those mutineers of five hundred years ago, we too have a hard choice to make.

All the bridge officers were facing the Enterprise, T'Dal standing between her husband and Sulu. Pavel and T'Dal were having an animated mental discussion, and the man looked at her uncertainly.

«T'Dal one of us should stay here.»

«Pavel, the triplets will be fine and I've asked Peter to monitor their growth in my absence. I have personally been to the doctors to check if our presence was needed and it was declared illogical and useless. I will be back in a few days as I have accepted maternity leave; also consider that I have conspired with you and deserve to be court-martialed. I had the right to denounce you, but I didn't, I preferred the family.»

«And I will always love you for it.» Pavel said.

Meanwhile Jim began to walk in front of his officers.

«Doctor McCoy?»

«Aye sir.»

«Mister Scott?»

«Aye sir.»

«Uhura?»

«Aye sir.»

«Chekov?»

«Aye sir.»

«T'Dal...» told Jim and looked at her thoughtfully.

They had had an argument and both of them knew that for different reasons wanted T'Dal to be on the Enterprise.

«Aye sir.»

«Sulu?»

«Aye sir.»

«Let the record show that the commander and the crew of the Starship Enterprise have voted unanimously to return to Earth to face the consequences of their actions in the rescue of their comrade, Captain Spock. Thank you all. Repair stations, please. Mister Scott! How soon can we be underway?»

«Actually, Admiral, we're ready to go. There are still some aspects we need to work on, but we can't complain.» Scotty aid with a smile taking steps to walk away as previous Jim's order.

«You and...?» Jim asked with a smile.

«T'Dal and me, admiral, I need a hand from time to time too and that girl is a blessing.» said Scotty smiling with a smile, before heading back to the engine room.

Jim felt terribly proud of those words, but in his heart, the admiral felt he shared that thought.

Everyone had returned to their places, even Saavik had arrived on the bridge to speak with T'Dal, in Vulcan. A strong bond was created between the two girls: Saavik was secretly proud of having been welcomed into T'Dal's family; not only because she was pregnant with Spock's baby, which she hadn't planned, but because in those months the two Vulcans had gotten closer and she Saavik considered T'Dal a point of reference, unhinging Spock's figure. For Saavik, Spock would always be her mentor, before being the father of her child, but T'Dal was the person who fully embodied the meaning of the word "family" for her.

«I will monitor the growth of the triples in your absence and report back to you when you return.» Saavik said.

«Very well, thank you. When are you and David getting married?»

«I thought your father told you about it. We were thinking right after your return home.» she said monotonously.

«Very good.» T'Dal said nodding.