Old Eden

"and darling, I died for the sun-rays, that may not have ever been real."
- Honeywater

Fourth year.

With sun-warmed blessed drops racing down the glass panes, Juliet graced her way through the Hogwarts Express, her eyes were set on finding only one thing in particular.

At last, they fell upon the four boys that swore to be by her side forever.

The familiar creak of metal announced her presence, momentarily distracting the aforementioned group from their usual tasks: Remus adding a particular amount of sweetener to his coffee the shade of night, James rambling about his 'Lilypad', Peter listening with an attentive stare, and Sirius absentmindedly betting on raindrops that rolled down the nearest window.

Freeing them all from the torment was she, immediately throwing herself into her assigned space between Remus and Peter.

She looked taller. She also looked tired. Sirius wondered what possibly could've caused the angel's exhaustion, but he was doubtful that she would say.

Juliet was like the moon, always partly hidden away, and he was desperate to see the full her.

"How was your summer?" He tried, yet she merely rushed out a well rehearsed 'good'.

But he could see right through her even when others couldn't. He could see the pain behind her eyes even when nobody else was really looking.