Chapter 2 - Unexpected Revelation

"...what do you mean? ...excuse my ignorance, big brother. But I have no idea what you are talking about. Is this perhaps a new joke used by humans in this era...?"

Once Cid heard the 'by humans' last boss-like words coming from Anos's mouth, he nodded understandingly and then looked at Anos with a compassionate expression on his face. Which made his little brother even more confused.

Nonetheless, Anos quickly recovered and shook his head a bit before he turned back to his parents.

"Humu."

He was about to ask them for something but then decided against it when he saw the dumb faces they have. It seems they are still having a hard time accepting what just happened. It will be best to leave them alone for a bit else they will have a heart attack or do something unexpected.

It was then that Anos picked the presence of another person in the room. He looked towards the silent maid that was aggressively writing something in a notebook with a crazed look in her eyes. She was rapidly alternating between writing in her notebook then looking at Cid then to him before going back to writing over and over again. Occasionally sputtering some random words that made no sense to him.

Anos blinked blankly before he turned back to his big brother who was for some reason still nodding to himself and smiling disturbingly at him.

"Umu, it seems that I will have to look for the closest library myself."

Once he said those words, Anos just ignored everyone around him and casually went straight to the door of the room.

However, Cid who was still grabbing at his shoulder with inhuman strength was also dragged with him. This resulted in a ridiculous scene where Anos, who was smaller, was dragging the much taller Cid who somehow still had his posture fixed as his shoes slid comically along the smooth carpet.

Only after Anos reached the door and opened it did Cid finally release him. Anos was thankful for that, as he was almost about to slap his hand away. He'd rather not end their brotherly relationship before it even started.

"Have a good day. Big brother."

Anos politely said those words to Cid before he quickly closed the door. Then he immediately turned left and walked along the decorated corridor.

"Humu, what a peculiar family."

While Anos was looking for a library in the building, many servants saw the unknown child walking throughout the mansion and all of them had question marks floating above their heads.

"Hey, look."

"Who is that?"

"Should I question the brat?"

"Shhh! Do you want to be executed?!"

Though, no one dared to approach him because of the confident gait and elegant clothes he was wearing. They were all afraid to be accused of offending the son of some powerful noble.

Some brave ones wanted to question him at first but then all it took was a single look from his tyrannical gaze for them to cower and promptly go back to their work.

Anos toured the whole mansion as if he owned the place before he finally stopped at what he assumed to be a library. He could see many bookshelves behind the door through the glass window to the side.

*click*

Anos turned the doorknob but it seems that the door is locked.

"Hmm? it doesn't even have Dejit?"

Anos was surprised that the door doesn't have any spell that locks gates and doors, allowing just authorized people to enter. Instead, it only has a mundane mechanical lock that can be broken with simple physical strength.