Chapter 13 - Stress Relief

A few hours ago.

"Here, take my hand."

"U-Umm. Thank you, Millia-san."

As Alexia awkwardly stood up from the operating table with the help of Millia. In his mind, Anos continued to analyze Alexia's lifetime memories.

At that time when Anos first came to this room and laid his eyes on the kidnapped Alexia, Anos had pointed his palm towards her and told Millia, who had stepped in front of her defensively, that he was going to heal her. However, this was only half of the truth, as Anos had actually secretly used a combination of two spells: Leaks and Eviy. These spells allowed him to perform a long-distance mind reading of the target and to forcibly evoke memories from the distant past.

Anos had kept the spells active from the moment he first cast them until now, having already analyzed over 10 years of Alexia's past without her knowledge. However, at that moment, Anos decided to release the spells. As he realized that what he was currently seeing were only the useless memories of a three-year-old human child, which held no value to him.

Aside from her childhood memories such as growing up in the palace, interacting with family members, and training in various skills like etiquette, diplomacy, and combat, attending royal functions, meeting with foreign dignitaries, and participating in political discussions, Anos had also gained valuable insight into the internal politics, customs, and past of the kingdom, as well as the second princess's private life encounters. Anos now had more information about Alexa than Alexa had about herself, not figuratively speaking but literally.

After all, while he doubted the human girl could even remember what she ate last year, Anos, on the other hand, could recall with perfect clarity the number of wrinkles on the face of the royal nanny who had changed her diapers more than a decade ago.

What interested him the most, however, was the strange relationship and the absurd interactions between the princess and his brother Cid.

Spanning over only a few days. It was such a small fraction of the memories as a whole that it felt like a tiny drop in a vast ocean of information. But despite its brevity, it still allowed him to discover a 'side' of Cid that he never saw before.

Anos absolutely regretted seeing it.

Watching in horror as his older brother barked like a dog with Alexia patting his head and muttering "Good boy, Pochi.", Anos almost spat out blood, bones, spine, and his entire organs from his mouth as he once again SERIOUSLY considered if his human brother is suffering from some kind of severe causality-law defying mental illness that is undetectable by magic

"..."

Anos vowed to never read minds again unless it was absolutely necessary after the traumatic experience.

As he released the spells while feeling very uncomfortable on the inside, Anos returned to the present moment and saw that Alexia and Millia were looking at him nervously.

"Follow me," Anos said curtly before striding out of the room, with the other two trailing closely behind him.

However, after walking only a few meters away from the room. Anos couldn't handle it anymore and so he abruptly invoked another spell. "Rivide," he spoke, and both Alexia and Millia froze mid-step, affected by the instantaneous effect of the Time Magic spell. Without even glancing at them, Anos kept moving forward and activated another spell, "Gatom." As he uttered the incantation, Anos vanished from his spot and reappeared in the middle of the main laboratory, where the robed men were still waiting.

"?!"

Confused by the sudden appearance of Anos, the others muttered among themselves, but before they could do anything else, Anos invoked the "Rivide" spell once again.