Chapter 6 - Cid Kagenou Execution

*Tsu*

After Anos suddenly materialized in his room at the Kagenō household, he couldn't help muttering to himself about how he can't get used to his brother's strange behavior.

"I can't get used to that."

Anos muttered with a blank face as he sighed uncharacteristically. No matter how much time has passed, he just can't get used to his brother's antics.

Don't get him wrong.

As the Demon King of Tyranny. Anos had encountered countless strange and unusual beings in his previous life and had seen many things that were beyond the realm of imagination for the residents of this world. So much so in fact, that now he even struggled to connect emotionally with others, as his untold experiences had dulled his own emotions.

However, despite all of that. In the end, all of those things shared one thing in common.

It was a 'cause'.

Everything in existence is ruled by the concept of causality. It was the only absolute law in existence.

Everything, be it Gods, Relationships, Death, or Destruction. He himself is also subject to it.

Because of his exceptional intelligence, Anos could easily guess the cause of any phenomenon or action that happened so far in his life. No matter how bizarre it seemed at first glance, for Anos, he always immediately finds a cause or two for it.

However, for all of his enormous experiences and inhuman intelligence. Anos just couldn't find any cause for the odd actions of his human brother Cid.

"..."

No matter how hard and deeply he thought about it, Anos simply couldn't find any cause for his brother Cid's odd behavior. This was a first for Anos.

While he could have used magic to read Cid's mind and quickly solve the mystery. If it was anyone else, Anos would have done just that long ago and be done with it efficiently. But Cid is his brother, and Anos couldn't bring himself to invade his brother's privacy.

Moreover. His pride, stemming from his position as the Demon King of Tyranny, was also hindering him. If he were to employ magic in this instance, it would signify surrendering to this mental obstacle.

The Demon King of Tyranny is known for never shying away from challenges.

No matter how trivial they are. Anos Voldigoad will always win.

He will definitely solve the mystery revolving around Cid.

—------------------------—-------------------------

"Isn't it strange?!"

"That's strange alright."

"That's so strange."

Lunchtime the next day, I am having lunch with my mob friends while going over how yesterday went down. Consequently, all three of us are of the same opinion, that it was strange.

"To be honest, you simply don't have the specs to go out with Princess Alexia. Even I would be barely at the acceptable level, you know?"

So says Hyoro. He is the second son of the Baron Gali family. His appearance is tall and thin, and it might seem like he is kind of fashionable and puts some effort into his appearance, but he has terrible sense. From afar, he could perhaps somehow pass off as handsome. Or not, scratch that last part, I can't see it at all.

Of course, this Hyoro Gali does not have the specs to go out with Princess Alexia. Why? Because he is someone that I've acknowledged as a mob friend.

"If even Cid-kun could pull it off, then even I could have succeeded. Ah~, I should have done the confession myself."