Chapter 10 - Millia's Decision

Millia Oruba, the only child and family of Viscount Olba, was a lovely young girl with grey hair resembling her father's

Millia Oruba, the only child and family of Viscount Olba, was a lovely young girl with grey hair resembling her father's. She adorned a dress and two bows, one atop her head and the other tied behind her back, while also carrying a teddy bear everywhere she went.

Unfortunately, Millia's life took a drastic turn when she woke up one morning to find a small portion of her left arm had turned dark for no apparent reason. Despite her confusion, she concealed the discoloration with long, white gloves, not wanting to cause any trouble for her single father, who was already weighed down as the head of the Oruba Viscount family and a Royal Guard of the Midgar Kingdom.

As time passed, the dark spot on her arm grew progressively larger, but Millia continued to hide it, hoping it would eventually heal on its own.

One day, while attending a tea party with other noble daughters, Millia spilled hot tea on her gloves and impulsively removed them, exposing the unsightly blemish. The other girls noticed, and from then on, Millia's life became a living nightmare as she was discovered to have Demon Possession.

"Uwaaah! Millia! WHY?! JUST WHY?!"

"P-Papa?"

Her father was horrified upon learning the truth and Millia hugged her teddy bear anxiously while attempting to comfort him as he broke down in tears. The next day, Millia was abducted by the Cult of Diablos, who offered to cure her of her Demon Possession in exchange for her father's service. Sadly, two years later Olba was killed by Shadow Garden when he kidnapped Claire Kagerou. But Millia has no way to know that. So even now, she believes her father is still alive.

"Papa..."

Millia remained in the cult's custody ever since, waiting and praying every day for her already dead father to save her.

After 4 years of living in hell, Millia was heavily mutated due to Demonic Possession, and she barely look human at all. She was kept in a laboratory hidden at Midgar Kingdom, where she was subjected to horrendous experiments and constantly abused by a scientist that work for the Cult.

Over the years, Millia witnessed numerous young girls brought to this wretched place, just like herself. Sadly, all of them ended up transforming into hideous, unrecognizable masses of flesh. Millia was the sole exception, managing to maintain some semblance of a functional humanoid form. As a result, she was the only one to survive out of the dozens of girls who had been brought to this horrific place.

However, Millia's resilience came at a cost. After enduring endless pain and torture, she had become numb to any emotion, and her mutated skin had grown so thick that the mad scientist's relentless beatings barely registered as a minor inconvenience.

 After enduring endless pain and torture, she had become numb to any emotion, and her mutated skin had grown so thick that the mad scientist's relentless beatings barely registered as a minor inconvenience