Chapter 5 - Mushroom Gratin

I have finally become 15 years old, and have matriculated into the Midgar Magic Swordsman Academy. It is known as one of the top leading magic swordsman academies in the continent, gathering talents from both inside and outside of our country.

In the two months that I've been here, I have purposely maintained my grades somewhere slightly below average, the most optimum position for a mob character. And in the meantime, I have been keeping an eye out for protagonist-like characters.

Among the few that I have my eyes on.

Princess Alexia Midgar. The most promising one is her.

Even a chimpanzee would be able to figure her for a big potato just from hearing the title 'Princess Midgar.'

Incidentally, above her is someone even bigger and more famous called Princess Iris Midgar, but unfortunately, she has already graduated from the academy.

And finally, the one I'm most interested in is my own little brother. Anos Voldigoad.

Yes, Voldigoad.

For some reason, my brother refused to be called anything but that.

It has caused a big uproar in both the Academy and the aristocratic world alike. A child of a noble origin refused to inherit the name of his own family line. It was no different than giving up his own right to inherit the position of the family head too.

Normally, doing something outrageous like that would bring severe consequences or even banishment from the country of the culprit. But, because of the supposed incredible potential and never before seen capabilities that the Academy stubbornly vouched for. The Midgar Kingdom eventually relented. However, envoys from the royal family were still sent to our household to force my brother to step down from all of his inheritance rights.

When the arrogant envoys were mockingly waiting for my brother to get scared and accept the Kagenou name already. They were utterly shocked when my brother casually signed the official documents without even blinking.

"Is that all? If so, then promptly go back to your human king's castle. I'd rather not delay my cooking session with mother."

In an instant, he completely decimated the King of the Midgar Kingdom's scheme to force him into submission.

Such absolute overbearing confidence. He really lived up to his last-boss status. I'm really moved by your dedication to our dreams my little brother. It takes a whole other kind of talent and skill to act like a last boss openly in public like that. This hidden last-boss eminence in shadow drops his hat for you.

Dear brother, I only ask that you would stop trying to expose my mob status and then everything will be perfect. Alas, he just wouldn't take a hint.

Fortunately, because of what happened with the royal envoys. The King of the Midgar Kingdom sought to save face by influencing the Academy to issue a three-month suspension, which means my brother will be unable to attend classes or engage in school activities for at least another month. So my mob-character status is safe for now.

Anyway, it is this Princess Alexia that I am going to have participated in a super important mob event. To be more specific, it is a penalty game.

Yep, you guessed it. It's that one where the loser has to confess to a girl.

Thus, I am now on the school roof, standing a certain distance away from Princess Alexia and facing off against her.

Her silvery white hair falls gracefully to her shoulders, and her red eyes have a captivating quality to them. Her features are striking and exude an alluring coolness. However, due to my exposure to Alpha and others, I have grown accustomed to seeing attractive people. Perhaps if she relaxed her expression and displayed more emotion, it would make her appear more approachable and relatable.