Chapter 4 - Academy Inspection

A month has passed since Anos reincarnated.

He spent the time looking into the world that is now two thousand years further on. It seems the magical arts have degenerated to a much lower level than he thought.

As a result of his reincarnation, Anos finds himself in an era that is vastly different from the one he knew before. The magical arts have greatly declined, and the concept of reincarnation magic is completely unknown.

As he expected, Humans don't seem to know about reincarnation magic at all.

It was rather common magic in the age that he had lived in. For high-ranking magic users, reincarnation magic was not unusual. However, in the present times, the concept of reincarnation magic does not exist.

In fact, reincarnation itself does not seem to be even considered possible in the present age.

Because of this, Despite that Anos was able to talk and use magic from birth, his parents instead see him as a very smart baby rather than a reincarnated being with extraordinary abilities.

In this situation, Anos tried to learn more about the unfamiliar world he has been reborn into and figure out how to best use his abilities in this new environment. He also tried to keep his abilities hidden from others, at least until he can better understand the situation and determine the best course of action.

He somehow feels a sense of isolation, not only was he potentially the only demon in this entire continent. He is also the only one in this human world who knows about reincarnation magic and has all the terrifying abilities that come with his past life.

As a result of his isolation, Anos felt a sense of loneliness and disconnection from the weak world around him. He doubted he would find others who understand and accept him for who he truly is, and he felt like an outsider in the human aristocratic family he has been reborn into.

Two thousand years ago he sowed his own seeds. With magic, He created 7 subordinates using his own blood and commanded them to have children and expand their bloodline. He needed a container that contained his blood for a successful reincarnation.

As he expected, over two thousand years the blood of the demon king Arnos did not die out, however, he did not expect it to mix with humans.

Moreover, the humans don't seem to know much about the Demons anymore. He asked his parents but they didn't know anything either. All they knew is that the Demons were some mythical creatures that were said to live in hell. They had no further information beyond that.

In order to cope with his isolation, Anos tried to find ways to connect with his human family and form meaningful relationships with them. He also searched for others who are also knowledgeable about magic, even if they do not know about reincarnation magic specifically.

The result was, his parents were overjoyed. He managed to make a strong familial bond with them that he never had in his past life. So far so good.

However, that's it. That was the only good thing that happened.

His brother Cid was avoiding him, and Anos was confused and a little bit hurt. He did not understand why his brother is avoiding him and he feels like he has done something to offend or hurt him.

Anos tried to talk to his brother and find out why he is avoiding him. He even tried to reassure his brother that he is not a threat and that he only wants to help and support him. But Cid refused to budge, he has done everything possible to avoid Anos all the time. The worst was the occasional smirk he would send at him whenever no one was looking at them.

Anos was absolutely bewildered by his brother's actions and nothing about him made any sense. He was like a strange box of mysteries and Anos didn't know where to start to open it.