CHAPTER 7

Creak–.

I felt a sharp gaze behind me from when I turned the doorknob and until when I got out to the hall.

I felt a refreshing emotion realizing that he gave a different reaction than when I entered the room earlier.

However, I decided to not mind any of that.

The duke wasn’t a character I needed to raise the interest within, and he was an existence that I won’t have to deal with until the ending at the coming of age ceremony.

Clack, I gently closed the door behind me and turned away from it.

It was then.

“I’m certain that I told you to live like a mouse without causing any commotion.”

“Gasp!”

A cold toned voice entered my ears.

I turned around from the surprise.

There by the hall where the shadow took over stood a figure in an unpleasant position.

In the dark I could see the shining letters written to show [Interest 0%].

The barely seen black hair, and ice blue eyes.

It was the first son of the duke family, Derrick.

“Emily.”

“…….”

“A loyal maid who worked for this family for almost 10 years.”

Step, step. Derrick walked out from the shadow.

The man who came across the large hall within a second arrived in front of me in a short time.

He looked down at me with a sharp aura held in his eyes. It was as if he was looking at some trash.

I didn’t do anything wrong but I had to cower myself from the hatred and disgust I was getting from him.

“No one wanted to be your personal maid even though we’ve said we’ll pay extra. Out of all those maids, the one maid volunteered to serve you.”

“…….”

“And I guess today’s the end of that. Since you went crazy and chased out your one and only personal maid, not knowing your place.”

I felt unfairness rise within me from Derrick’s words.

When did I go crazy to chase her out? The one who went crazier than I did was that pink head.

‘And it was me who was almost chased out of life, eating those rotten food!’

I wanted to shout due to the annoyance of this situation.

What stopped me from doing so was the [Interest 0%] above Derrick’s head.

‘Hold it in. If it goes any further down than that, I’m dead.’

I inhaled and exhaled a couple of times and calmed down.

‘Interest 0%. 0%…….’

I was already tired after talking with the duke.

Also, since I’ve only focused on trying to ‘off’ the choices, I didn’t remember much of what happened in this scene in the game.

That’s why I decided to use some help from the system.

‘Choice ON.’

Ha! Guess she served you at night in bed, huh?

Maybe she’ve been chased out because she’ve done something that was worth being chased out.