CHAPTER 9

The gaze that once looked down on her trembled, and that was one satisfying sight to see.

I erased the smile I’ve put on my face and spoke with a low voice with a serious face.

“Do I need to point out every single thing? You know my throat hurts.”

This was an expression mostly used by the high class nobles who have no higher class nobles to look up to.

For an example, the sword of the empire duke Eckart who doesn’t have to look up upon anyone excluding the royals.

“I, I apologize, lady!”

The butler seemed to have understood the meaning of this as well.

He kneeled to the ground immediately, as if him standing stiff and confidentially in front of me just now has never even happened.

“That, I have made a mistake from the urgency in my mind. Please forgive me…….”

Watching this scene made me feel refreshed. The feeling I had since the morning ’till before I went to sleep was now covered with the refreshing feeling.

For a brief second I had a thought maybe this was too much to treat a person this older than I am, but I still didn’t tell him to get up.

That was because Penelope must’ve looked up to this person who’s been ignoring her the past 6 years.

“…… I think I’ll be displeased if I had to face you for a little while from now.”

I said, coldly looking down on the butler.

“Of course I don’t think it’s only me who feels that way.”

I could only let the words I actually wanted to speak when I turned around so my back faces him.

“So if you have anything you wish to accomplish that involves me, sent someone else instead of coming yourself.”

“But lady. The idea of picking the new maid wasn’t my…….”

“Yes, or no.”

I coldly cut through his line.

“All I want to hear from you are either the two words.”

“…… Yes. I understand, lady.”

The butler replied with a noticeably creased face.

“But what about the dinner…….”

“I don’t need it so get out.”

Taking that as my last words to him, I turned on the spot without even seeing the butler rise from the floor.

Soon, I heard careful footsteps leaving the room.

Creak-. The door closed in a different manner that it was opened.

The room was filled with darkness again. I felt a wave of worry going through me right after, thinking back to what I just did. What if he reports every single thing to the duke?

“Well what can he do anyways.”

Even so, there would be nothing he could do.

There were nothing I could do right at this moment, and I could repeat what I just did over and over again if it was to help reduce Penelope’s feeling of unfairness.

Besides, it was just some scolding with words. I didn’t make a fuss and throw anything and scream.

You could raise your fame while playing the game by improving the relationship with the people around you.