CHAPTER 8

I hurried up the stairs into my room. After abruptly closing the door behind me, I straight on jumped onto my bed.

“Whew…….”

My stiff body melted as soon as the soft and squishy mattress came in contact.

It was only almost lunch but it felt as if a whole day has gone by.

I inhaled and exhaled a bunch to calm my heart down which was beating hard due to the nervousness I felt when I was with Derrick.

A little later, absurd laughs escaped from my mouth.

“Hah. Look, I’m still alive.”

It wasn’t a useless thing to do when I continuously repeated the game after failing each time.

Judging from me being able to call Derrick the ‘first young master’ even though I was panicking a lot at the time.

A while later, the images of the game popped up in my mind.

When I first tried the game in the difficult mode, Derrick’s interest bar was one of the major concerns, unlike the other characters.

When I’ve increased the interest of his on me by a little through some carefully made decisions, it would go down more on the next choice I’d make.

I really didn’t know the reason why.

‘Why does his mood change so much in the game?’

My question was only answered through countless of deaths.

Derrick hated Penelope so much that he was terrified when she called him ‘brother’.

That’s why whenever I chose one with the word ‘brother’ in it, the interest would just sink lower.

“How picky. He’s even worse than our oldest bastard.”

I frowned and complained.

Anyways, thanks to that, I was able to keep myself alive.

‘Let’s never call him brother from now on.’

I repeated that over a few times in my head.

Of course, I’m going to try and not face him but I had to keep that in mind in case some things happen.

Thinking about this and that on the bed, I started to feel hazy.

‘I need to eat something.’

Food is the main source needed for everything. It was lunchtime now.

However, from the shock I’ve gained today, I didn’t really feel hungry.

‘Ah, whatever.’

Feeling lazy now, I closed my eyes. Sleeping was the first thing in my mind.

Maybe it was because I wanted to escape from reality.

Soon after closing my eyes, I drifted to sleep.

***

“Why is this in your room?”

A voice colder than the crystals in the mid-winter could be heard over the head. Then a loud shout was heard from the side.

“Answer, you sneaky bitch! You stole it!”

“Rennald.”

The duke warned Rennald who was spitting out swear words.

He didn’t seem to hold his anger in with his mouth closed that he started to stomp.

‘What’s this?’