Prologue

Alice Mirallis was many things but a believer and someone who trusts easily. She loved her loneliness yet knew from deep inside of her that she despised it to the core. She had a sense of adventure yet the world she lived in didn't allow her to expand it. And she knew she must move on, find something else to explore.

Her mother always told her that everything happened for a reason and that to always have faith. Yet she couldn't find any reason as she woke up in a fictional world where there was no internet, no electricity, and certainly no songs she would often listen to and dance to whenever she was home alone.

┍━☽【❖】☾━━☽【❖】☾━┑

In the darkest of the night, the moon was shining so bright in the entire realm, many wondered if it meant the sun would disappear and night would fall upon them for days. There were no visible clouds in the sky, none visible to the human eye, and yet, like the flame of a candle extinguished, the moon stopped shining.

At once, everybody's eyes fled to the sky in search of the precious round form, but still, their eyes found nothing. Fear took upon hearts, and soon it turned to anger, and angered masses of people opened doors to chaos. Many thought the gods cursed them to spend eternity in darkness as not even lighted torches were enough to light their way as a whirlwind always seemed to put them out.

Though at the same time when the moon disappeared, a woman took her last breath as she peacefully lay in her bed. A gush of wind put out the last flame that was left before she fell asleep. Unbeknownst to her family, she died alone in utter darkness.

Even so, as the body lay, the chest still, behind her closed lids, her eyes remained moving. Behind those close lids, one would think she was having a nightmare and was trying to wake from them. Only, nothing of the sort happened...yet.

ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

As the first century of the Targaryen dynasty came to a close, the health of the Old King, Jaehaerys, was failing.

In those days, House Targaryen stood at the height of its strength with 10 adult dragons under its yoke. No power in the world could stand against it.

King Jaehaerys reigned over nearly 60 years of peace and prosperity. But tragedy had claimed both his sons, leaving his succession in doubt.

So, in the year 101, the Old King called a Great Council to choose an heir.

Over a thousand lords made the journey to Harrenhal. Fourteen succession claims were heard but only two were truly considered: Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, the King's eldest descendant, and her younger cousin, Prince Viserys Targaryen, the King's eldest male descendant.

Alice could hear it all, she could see them all, but she couldn't move. It didn't scare her though, she knew it was a dream, courtesy of the last episode of the tv drama she watched.

Excitement was at its peak, everybody's hearts beating like drums for the final decision.

Ladies in the room anticipated the answers, while the lords only knew of one possibility.

And finally, the long-awaited moment came. The name of the Heir to the Iron Throne was spoken from King Jaehaerys Targaryen's lips, his voice bouncing on the walls, breaking through ears, breaking a heart. « It is declared by all lords paramount and lords vassal of the Seven Kingdoms... that Prince Viserys Targaryen be made Prince of Dragonstone. »