Chapter 8 - The First And Second Art

Background story: I finished editing this story while being sick from a cold, and getting my nails done. Hooray! Crazy, awesome, bitch, I'm a cab.

Warning: unedited

︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

« And 1... 2... begin! », Septa Morgane shouted louder and Alicent forced her mind to focus on the steps of the dance.

It was early in the morning and if she had her watch, or better yet her clock she would be able to confidently say that it was 9 in the morning. However, all she had was the sun peeking behind some clouds, and the sharp gazes of the Septas piercing her skin.

Although Alicent would have enjoyed sleeping for more than 2 hours in her bed, it seemed, that being grounded by her father did not spare her from having to attend her etiquette lessons.

« Hold your head high and forward Alicent! », she heard the Septa shouts— yet again.

'Her name should be Morgana.', she thought with a huff. Inhaling deeply, the Hightower girl sighed before she shifted her eyes forward, and into the purple pool that was Rhaenyra's orbs.

The instant their eyes met, Alicent stopped herself from flinching away from the princess, the colour reminding her of the events that happened 3 days prior.

'Lilac...', her inner voice taunted, and Alicent suppressed a shiver.

Although she admitted Daemon's and Rhaenyra's gazes differed, even the colour of their pupils, however, it had enough lilac in them to prompt her mind to recall his hard and unpredictable face.

And then she remembered the blood and iron scent, followed by the sight of 2 heads separated from the bodies.

'Lilac... Blood... Heads...'

« Ow!— », the sudden sound brought her back to reality. Once again, she unintentionally stomped on Rhaenyra's foot.

« No, no, no. It is 1, 2, 3 and you stop with your left foot forward by the Princess's right foot and you turn! », the septa Morgane scolds for what Alicent counted to be the tenth time.

'Or was it the 12th, I sure stopped counting by 10.'

With a slight wince, Alicent looked at her friend with worry and guilt, sad she had once again stomped on her foot.

« Again! », that made them both sigh. « In your places, one step away, heads held high, eyes fixed forward on your partner, your bodies do not touch. And 1... 2... 3, go on a graceful step... »

With Septa Morgane's voice in the background, and another septa clapping her hands to set the tempo, Alicent willed herself to focus on the utmost.

She was beginning to get annoyed and tired.