Chapter 9 - Looking for Tea

Warning: Unedited; Unfinished excitement; Next chapter with more surprises;

Hello everyone, thank you for the support, I've reached 201 subscribers and I'm happy and never imagined in 2019 that I would reach even half of that number. Thank you all. And just know that I'm human too, and I'm trying all I want with all I can. And I thank God first because he makes it happen.

︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

After spending some time with Rhaenyra and— Alicent would rather not use this adjective— the wonderful Septas, Alicent was making her way to the Tower of the Hand to see none other than her father.

Merely a few hours after her punishment lifted, she decided to act as the perfect and dutiful daughter, struck with a sudden realisation and onto a new path of honesty, humility and innocence, set out to please others.

'What a better way to bury their beliefs in the dirt later.', she thought with a smirk as she happily walked— albeit almost skipping as if she was in a flower field— through the halls. 'After all, the seventeenth Law of power says to cultivate an air of unpredictability. Seems so fitting.'

The mere thought of what she was to do on this night made her excited, a thrill growing slowly yet so deliciously she felt it would burst. Despite fighting with it, a giggle escaped her lips and Alicent pretended to nod at the passing servants walking around. She did not care if they thought it was for them, but from their smiles, they did think it.

A glance over her shoulder and she saw Sirrah, holding what she had prepared for her time with her father. Although it bruised her self-esteem to serve him the delicious treats, she knew it was a wound she would have to bear for her goals.

As they walked up the many stairs that led to his study, Alicent had a sudden thought, 'Perhaps I should have poisoned it... End it once and for all.'

But as quickly as it came, the thought left her— certainly not due to the exhaustion from climbing the stairs, but rather the idea of being left alone with no guardian. Alicent did not consider her brother Gwayne to be ready to step in and defend her or their house, and although Otto was the Hand of the King, while her uncle was the Lord of Oldtown, he was also a second son, who did not leave much for Gwayne to inherit.

And in an era shaped for men, as a woman, Ancient Alicent did not stand a chance.

Perhaps it was what brought her into this world.