Chapter 3 - Tour and Sight of the Keep

Warning: Unedited

However... enjoy.

︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

As she walked through the hallways of the Red Keep with a bright expression painted on her face, Alicent felt accomplished.

She felt that nothing could stop her, not even the numerous steps and turns she has already taken, let alone those that were to come.

Even with each guard and maid she passed, she could not stop herself from greeting them— even going as far as to wish them the best of the day, and propose to help if she saw them carrying something heavy.

The reason for her happiness was simple, only two days ago, she had met the royal family, King Viserys had invited her and her family for dinner.

Of course, at first, she was surprised, and after the surprise came anxiousness and anguish. She was to meet the royal family of blood and fire, riders of dragons, and people who could have her beheaded on a whim.

She had thought for a minute that the royal family of England in her past life was scary, yet the mere thought of meeting the Targaryens was enough to have her want to run for the hills.

Yet, not only did she not run for the numerous hills of King's Landing, but also did not make a fool of herself. In fact, she had been too entrance to even talk. Only speaking quietly whenever she was asked a question.

She could remember it clearly when she first caught sight of the king and queen of the seven kingdoms.

✧❁❁✧✿✿✧❁❁✧
FLASHBACK

'King Viserys, the Rhoynar— oh, bloody dear! Who am I kidding? If I mess up he could have my head on the left side of the room and the rest of my body on the right!'

Those were the thoughts and violent images that plagued Alicent Hightower's mind as she silently sat on the left side of her brother.

She could not stop her mind from wandering to the decapitated body of Valmond Velaryon, the gossip man as she liked to call him.

'Please, do not let Daemon be there, please, please, ple-'

Before she could terminate her prayer, she heard the booming sound of the heavy double doors of the dining room of the royal family's quarter—open.

While praying to whoever could listen to her, she had closed her eyes and only opened them when she felt a hand on her shoulder, a warm hand. « Stand up sister. », Gwayne her brother had whispered in her ear.

She would have sprung up to her feet, and put into motion the words if only she remembered how to do so— it seemed her feet forgot how to function.

As she felt her legs turn into jelly, Alicent wanted to cry. Only, she couldn't.