Chapter 2 - A Friend To The Princess

Hello! Thank you for your support.
I wanted to publish yesterday but writing the ending took me so much time.

︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

Alicent walked into the dining room and saw her father, a few maids were attending to him and the man who she supposed was her brother. A shock and change since his face was never seen on the screen before as if he was insignificant.

And maybe he was to everyone, to the House of the Dragon fans and Otto, but to Alicent, she decided he needed to be something more.

'Well, once I remember his name. What did Sirrah say, Galland? George? No, I'm not in a franchise era. Gendry- no, wrong house and era. '

A simple tilt from her head had Sirrah whisper the answer in her ear. « Ser Gwayne Hightower, your older brother and a knight, my lady. »

With that, Sirrah walked away to stand with the other maids, leaving Alicent to ponder over her brother's name.

'Ah, right Gwayne the invisible, I wrote in my book.'

Gwayne stood and approached her. She forced herself to stay still as he walked to her. « Good morrow, sister. I heard what happened. Are you fairing all right? », he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder blade.

« Of course, she is not. The loss of her memory is still a mystery. Those maesters do lack a few smart things. », with a grunt, her father answers before her. His displeasure showed by the way he cut his sausages. « Come eat, you have the meeting with the septa in a few hours. », her father Otto answered before she could.

Suddenly, Alicent desired to correct him by adding cunts after maesters. The only curse word she found sounded so beautiful despite its meaning, courtesy of a man with long white hair. However, she shook her head quickly, throwing away the thought. Surely it would win her horror-filled eyes and Otto's heart attack.

She followed her brother to the 8-chairs table. To her surprise, he pulled out her chair and pushed it back once she was settled. « Thank you. », she says appreciating the gesture. He nodded and sat in his own seat, facing her while Otto was at the head, which made both siblings on each side.

Whether it was because of the way she was raised, or only because she knew she would never miss a chance at irritating Otto, Alicent sweetly smiled at him. « Good morrow father. », after all, it was basic knowledge of greeting someone at first sight in the morning.

It amazed her how quickly she got used to the Common Tongue. Perhaps it was per memory, at least it made things easy.

Feigning feeling extremely, Alicent hid her smirk behind her cup of water while she felt the Old Snake's eyes on her.